My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 23.02.21

(67 posts)
  1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

mhargreaves - 22 mins ago  » 
    I don't think my aura has updated. How can I tell?

1. In system details Application version will have changed and date will be Feb 23, 2021
    2. Try a reboot
    3. Press Home and see if you have any new notifications.

I have the 'cast' options in the web interface so I assume it has actualy updated, but I must be looking in the wrong place for version date as the only date I can see is 24th December.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 18:35:01 #21 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 

Barry - 53 mins ago  » 

Mars - 3 hours ago  » 
    Although DLNA works, what prevents it from being useful is that there are either no dates on the recordings.

You'll be glad to hear Humax watching thread - already on the case and will look into whether dates can be added in a future update.

Great. Should DLNA work when a recording is in progress (recording the test match) as it is not working and timeouts when trying to play a recording?

Working for me using the web i/f to cast both SD and HD recordings to a Sony TV.

When the test match recording finished, playing recordings using DLNA still did not work so I restarted the Aura and now it is working fine (while a recording is in progress). Maybe a one-off problem as I had not restarted the box since the update.
    Casting using Web IF does not give the option to cast to a Chromecast (only to my Samsung TVs).

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 19:48:04 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 40 mins ago  » 

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 

Barry - 53 mins ago  » 

Mars - 3 hours ago  » 
    Although DLNA works, what prevents it from being useful is that there are either no dates on the recordings.

You'll be glad to hear Humax watching thread - already on the case and will look into whether dates can be added in a future update.

Great. Should DLNA work when a recording is in progress (recording the test match) as it is not working and timeouts when trying to play a recording?

Working for me using the web i/f to cast both SD and HD recordings to a Sony TV.

When the test match recording finished, playing recordings using DLNA still did not work so I restarted the Aura and now it is working fine (while a recording is in progress). Maybe a one-off problem as I had not restarted the box since the update.
    Casting using Web IF does not give the option to cast to a Chromecast (only to my Samsung TVs).

Which browser are you using ? Chrome has a built in chromecast capability.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 20:29:21 #23 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

"Which browser are you using ? Chrome has a built in chromecast capability."
    I was using Edge, Chrome does allow the casting of any tab. VLC Media Player also allows rendering to a Chromecast.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 22:43:45 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 27 mins ago  » 
    "Which browser are you using ? Chrome has a built in chromecast capability."
    I was using Edge, Chrome does allow the casting of any tab. VLC Media Player also allows rendering to a Chromecast.

Guess you need to report this to Microsoft.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 23:12:47 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

After multiple reboots, my Aura seems to have updated now.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 23:56:56 #26 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Minor issue, don't know if its related to the Beta as have not seen it before.

When playing a recording if you stop it within 60 seconds of the end it resets back to the beginning and likewise the progress bar on the channel ident (in recordings list mode) is also reset so it does not look as if the programme has been watched.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 10:49:24 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

davidrew - 9 mins ago  » 
    When playing a recording if you stop it within 60 seconds of the end it resets back to the beginning and likewise the progress bar on the channel ident (in recordings list mode) is also reset so it does not look as if the programme has been watched.

This is an existing issue. Assuming you mean a recording whilst it is still being recorded? Doesn’t matter where you stop, if you go back in it starts from the beginning. I’ve added this to the posts for improvements. Fvp5000 would ask if you wanted to resume or start from the beginning. Aura doesn’t ask, just goes back to the beginning. Fvp5000 would offer this option whether a program was being recorded or had finished. Aura always restarts a program from the beginning if it’s being recorded. If it’s finished it starts where you left off - doesn’t ask if you want to watch from the beginning.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:01:06 #28 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

boogersa - 4 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 9 mins ago  » 

This is an existing issue. Assuming you mean a recording whilst it is still being recorded? Doesn’t matter where you stop, if you go back in it starts from the beginning. I’ve added this to the posts for improvements. Fvp5000 would ask if you wanted to resume or start from the beginning. Aura doesn’t ask, just goes back to the beginning. Fvp5000 would offer this option whether a program was being recorded or had finished. Aura always restarts a program from the beginning if it’s being recorded. If it’s finished it starts where you left off - doesn’t ask if you want to watch from the beginning.

This happens in programme recordings which have already finished transmitting but only if stopped in the last 60 seconds before the end. I just tested it again to be sure on the America's Cup which was recorded yesterday.

I agree in chase play it should remember where you were if you stop, I wonder if the 60 second issue is related? The 5000T Restart/Resume was useful and was better than having to quickly navigate to the |< on the navigation bar to start again.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:30:39 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

I've used the web interface to watch live TV and a recording on my PC, Edge browser. Both work ok, but why does watching live TV cause the Sony (KD-49XG8196) TV to turn on? What's going on there?

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 12:50:57 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.