My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 23.02.21

(67 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ParksidePeter - 9 mins ago  » 
    I've used the web interface to watch live TV and a recording on my PC, Edge browser. Both work ok, but why does watching live TV cause the Sony (KD-49XG8196) TV to turn on? What's going on there?

CEC power control

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 13:00:55 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watching a Channel 5-HD recording in chasing playback 8 mins into a 40 min recordings, Should be able to skip a couple of ad breaks. If you avoid the fast forward option and use the skip keys they should stop working when you have not got enough content for the skip so when near the end it should stop the box dropping back to live TV and resetting the viewed content.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 13:04:21 #32 |
  3. Fixdit

Fixdit

Since the 23.02 update BBC iPlayer not working sometimes.
    If I select information ( i ) Background goes to a still frame, insert at top right shows the current program .I am given the options to "watch now", "watch from start" or "record. If I select"watch from start" screen goes black no audio. Pressing "Live TV" restores back to normal.
    Iplayer not working now (not on home button or freeview button)
    Rebooted Back to normal now.
    Channel selection odd at power on, if a program is recording, selecting say BBC (101), if you dont press OK it reverts back to original channel, used to select by default the numbers as inputed.
    Seems to sorted itself now
    DLNA working well with my Samsung tv J6810 and laptop.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 13:45:46 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

It would be nice if Humax could address the tuner issues. High pressure building today. COM7 teetering on the Aura whereas 2 LG and 1 Samsung TVs plus 1 Panasonic Freeview PVR are all rock solid on COM7.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 15:15:16 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 40 mins ago  » 
    It would be nice if Humax could address the tuner issues. High pressure building today. COM7 teetering on the Aura whereas 2 LG and 1 Samsung TVs plus 1 Panasonic Freeview PVR are all rock solid on COM7.

It might help to clarify the issue if you quote reported signal strength and quality from the Aura so Humax know whether this is a high or low strength signal problem.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 15:56:31 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 40 mins ago  » 

It might help to clarify the issue if you quote reported signal strength and quality from the Aura so Humax know whether this is a high or low strength signal problem.

Bit difficult as it's not consistent, i.e. will fluctuate as the time of day alters, which in turn affects the inversion. However, at lunchtime the Aura on COM 7 was 41% SS and 69% SQ. The LG TV was 71 % SS and 89% SQ. Humax tuners are always the same i.e. on the weak side with a poorer signal. We are off SC transmitter at a pretty high elevation (489 feet) and only space between us and the transmitter - 27 miles.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 17:22:56 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dino_

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    Thank you to Humax Towers for quickly responding to my messages and comments reported so far.
    One item missing from the release note.
    Unit will reboot every 5 days for 'clean up'
    After 5 days operation, if it is in standby & not in recording, and time AM 3 ~ 5 unit will reboot

Interesting. Not on the beta, but since the last update, we've been having issues after about a week with the sound breaking up for a split second every couple of seconds. Clearing cache didn't fix it, nor did shutting down, but unplugging does. Had been thinking of getting a timer plug to do what the software will now do.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 21:52:39 #37 |
  8. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

We now get a choice of resolution - what purpose does this serve as I have tried both and the only thing is one is easier to resize to my tablet screen than the other so I use it?

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 21:58:44 #38 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 10 mins ago  » 
    We now get a choice of resolution - what purpose does this serve as I have tried both and the only thing is one is easier to resize to my tablet screen than the other so I use it?

Exactly using free software without a high power PC it can be upscaled to 1920 x 1080 25fps. aspect ratio for both is 16:9 assuming square pixels.

You would need to compare on a high res screen like a 4K TV to see if it's worth the effort

Attachments

1. Vidcoder_Upscale_960_x_540_file.jpg (60.4 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 25 Feb 2021 22:14:43 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Just updated my box.

First experiment, streaming from DLNA server using web browser, iOS using Safari (iPadOS 14.4).

Tried a couple of SD channels.

When I click on “view”, I get a blank screen. If I then click on the blank screen and press the play icon, it works for a few seconds but then get a ‘could not play video, hls:3 error code”.

Tried “transcode sd contents” but that doesn’t help.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 22:46:08 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.