My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 23.02.21

(67 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Please do not post in this thread if you are not involved in beta test.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 23:04:55 #41 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

I am still getting distorted audio on the app (Android, version 1.08) when the transcoding rate is set to 5Mbps on the box. Does the transcoding rate affect DLNA (it does not have distorted audio)?

I have tried the using DLNA on my Samsung TVs, an LG TV, a Panasonic Freeview recorder, VLC Media Player (on my computer and Android mobile and tablet) and had no problems (except for an error message on Samsung TVs that goes after 5 seconds). Some players handle 4:3 SD recordings better than others, but that is no doubt down to the DLNA client rather than the Aura box. It does not work with Windows Media Player, only the audio is played, but I am yet to find anything that works with WMP! We just need dates on the recordings and folders for series recordings. It is a very promising implementation of DLNA (no more using USB HDD to record on kitchen and bedroom TVs). Using DLNA with VLC Media Player handles 4:3 SD recordings better than the app where everything is widescreen.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 0:40:47 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

UPnP seems to work well in my setup, but only after rebooting the Aura. One thing that it is not letting me do though is jump to a time on a recording. I've tried with bubble UPnP and VLC. Both just go back to the start when I try to skip through the ads.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 0:57:16 #43 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

ceri - 10 hours ago  » 
    UPnP seems to work well in my setup, but only after rebooting the Aura. One thing that it is not letting me do though is jump to a time on a recording. I've tried with bubble UPnP and VLC. Both just go back to the start when I try to skip through the ads.

I see the same behaviour with VLC Media Player, Samsung TV, and LG TV, but exactly the same happens when I play recordings from my Panasonic Freeview recorder. When I use my Panasonic Blu-Ray, I can fast forward but only at a slow rate (maybe x2 or x4) whether I am playing recordings from my Panasonic recorder or the Aura. Hence, I think that this behaviour is due to the DLNA clients. Generally, I only use play and pause when using DLNA.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 11:19:10 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

Mars - 7 hours ago  » 

ceri - 10 hours ago  » 

I see the same behaviour with VLC Media Player, Samsung TV, and LG TV, but exactly the same happens when I play recordings from my Panasonic Freeview recorder. When I use my Panasonic Blu-Ray, I can fast forward but only at a slow rate (maybe x2 or x4) whether I am playing recordings from my Panasonic recorder or the Aura. Hence, I think that this behaviour is due to the DLNA clients. Generally, I only use play and pause when using DLNA.

If I play a film from my WD My Cloud with the same apps, I can skip forward, backwards and jump to a specific time with no problems at all, so it is definitely related to how the Aura hosts the files

Thanks
    Ceri

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 18:32:11 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I powered on the box out of normal standby and found no picture on any channel (HD, SD).

The UI worked OK so not a HDMI handshaking issue.

I switched to the main Android TV Home Screen and found that most of the preview boxes were grey, e.g. no network.

I checked the network connections and all ok (connected with an assigned IP address). I use a hard wired Ethernet connection. No issues with my network.

Switching back to the guide it complained about accepting terms and conditions.

The network software stack seems buggy and there appears to be a few bugs with wake up from standby.

A software requested restart fixed the issue.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 20:02:50 #46 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 19 hours ago  » 
    I am still getting distorted audio on the app (Android, version 1.08) when the transcoding rate is set to 5Mbps on the box. Does the transcoding rate affect DLNA (it does not have distorted audio)?
    I have tried the using DLNA on my Samsung TVs, an LG TV, a Panasonic Freeview recorder, VLC Media Player (on my computer and Android mobile and tablet) and had no problems (except for an error message on Samsung TVs that goes after 5 seconds). Some players handle 4:3 SD recordings better than others, but that is no doubt down to the DLNA client rather than the Aura box. It does not work with Windows Media Player, only the audio is played, but I am yet to find anything that works with WMP! We just need dates on the recordings and folders for series recordings. It is a very promising implementation of DLNA (no more using USB HDD to record on kitchen and bedroom TVs). Using DLNA with VLC Media Player handles 4:3 SD recordings better than the app where everything is widescreen.

I was able to play a HD recording using WMP.

Attachments

1. All_Creatures_Great_And_Small.jpg (84.8 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 26 Feb 2021 20:29:28 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

ceri - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 7 hours ago  » 

ceri - 10 hours ago  » 

If I play a film from my WD My Cloud with the same apps, I can skip forward, backwards and jump to a specific time with no problems at all, so it is definitely related to how the Aura hosts the files
    Thanks
    Ceri

Had a bit more of a play with this tonight. If I use the Aura App to convert the file for mobile devices, wait for it to finish, then go back to Bubble UPnP, it will then let me skip forward, back and jump to a specific time.
    If I don't convert file for mobile devices, I can't skip forward/back etc.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 20:32:30 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Another annoying bug, probably reported elsewhere, but no harm in posting anyway.

I paused a HD program for 45 minutes. Once unpaused, I’ve noticed a few points where the program pixelated for a few frames. I’ve also had sound dropouts plus pauses for a few seconds during playback.

I’ve seen this problem with the release software but was hoping it was fixed with the beta.

I doubt my hardware is at fault, I hope!

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 21:21:55 #49 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

An example of a recording missing from the TV guide on the Aura (no red circle with an R), but in the Schedule on the Aura and visible on the guide and in the schedule on the Android app: Bloodlands, BBC1 Wales HD, 9-10pm.

| Sat 27 Feb 2021 13:41:39 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.