My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Re booting

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Is there any way to do a freeview reset and not lose any set recordings?
    If you have hidden a load of channels, does it undo them also?

Every day I am getting resets.
    Mostly of a morning, I will turn the TV on and it usually shows like a grey screen with what looks like snow through it. I always have to just restart it again to fix this.

Then throughout the day I will get a reboot screen, I also get a rebook screen while watching a recording, this always results in it restarting from the start of the programme, rather than knowing where it was up to.

My daughter uses Iplayer, and this half the time gets stuck just as her programme is about to start, and if you leave it a while, Iplayer seems to just crash.

James

| Mon 1 Jul 2024 18:50:33 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

A Freeview reset does not lose any recordings, read what it says under Freeview reset in the Settings menu.

Freeview button> Settings> Freeview Play Preferences> Freeview Reset.

Before going ahead with a Freeview Reset go to

Freeview button> Settings> Freeview Preferences> Backup User Preferences, this will back up your settings your favourite channels and your recording schedule.

Then do the Freeview Reset, after the Freeview reset has completed you go to

Freeview button> Settings> Freeview Play Preferences> Import User Preferences.

| Tue 2 Jul 2024 8:34:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Backup/restore user preferences does do that. But you can end up overwriting the new scan for channels etc. with old data. Sort of defeats the object, it may be one of those values that's causing the problem. In my experience it can also leave you with invalid items in the recording schedule.

| Tue 2 Jul 2024 9:10:59 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 
    Backup/restore user preferences does do that. But you can end up overwriting the new scan for channels etc. with old data. Sort of defeats the object, it may be one of those values that's causing the problem. In my experience it can also leave you with invalid items in the recording schedule.

I agree, I used to use the export/import, but if there had been a channel shuffle the timers were either incorrect or just invalid. Sometimes importing a second time would get rid of the invalid timers.

I just take a photo of my timers and start fresh and it works well for me.

| Tue 2 Jul 2024 10:26:45 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Well I have never had a problem with importing the recording schedule, if you do find invalid schedules its easy enough to delete them from the recording schedule.

And you should do a Channel search after a Freeview reset.
    It is also advisable to go to the Freeview website and check every so often for channel changes, I know the
    Aura is supposed to update any channel changes when they happen but my Aura never does,
    but my TV does.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/updates-alerts

| Tue 2 Jul 2024 11:00:02 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I also now take photos of the schedule, then I do a manual retune - otherwise the Aura gets confused between Waltham and Belmont transmitters.

| Tue 2 Jul 2024 11:23:42 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

uktvuser

I just did the free view reset and now when I go to settings, channels and broadcast, automatic channel search.... after I enter the PIN (0000) the channel scan screen no longer comes up at all. Cannot scan for channels now.

EDIT: I cleared cache and data on the Freeview system app and now can access channel scan. My device is on the latest version of that app but my Aura is now constantly rebooting every day while using iPlayer and ITVX. Basically not usable anymore.

| Sun 21 Jul 2024 21:12:03 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

As I have mentioned before do a reset but don't connect to internet. Use a cheap firestick for catch up and apps and all the problems go away and as a recording machine it works as it should. Must be 6 months or more now and no problems with rebooting.

| Mon 22 Jul 2024 7:02:37 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

bobspark - 2 hours ago  » 
    As I have mentioned before do a reset but don't connect to internet. Use a cheap firestick for catch up and apps and all the problems go away and as a recording machine it works as it should. Must be 6 months or more now and no problems with rebooting.

I rarely use catch-up services, but had problems with overnight crashing and failure to record scheduled items. After a factory reset (not recommended!) and removing all network connections overnight and changing to BBC1 before switching to standby the reboots have mostly gone.

| Mon 22 Jul 2024 9:46:47 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.