Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

peterukwp - 29 mins ago  » 

RatherLargeZed - 16 hours ago  » 
    There's 2 issues I'm still seeing after this update :-
    1) I sometimes drop out of recordings, even when the Aura isn't doing anything else i.e. recording.
    2) I see what can only be described as a tuner 'swap'. I'm watching a channel, then suddenly the screen goes black for about a second & the sound stops. Then the picture and sound come back with with the channel banner displayed in the top right corner of screen - of the same channel I've been watching. It's like I've changed channel to the same channel. The box isn't recording at this point.
    Is this being experienced by anyone else?</blockquoteY>
    Yes this is a regular occurrence for me, it happens when I turn on, the picture and sound start as normal for about two seconds then disappear and restart again then all ok. Its happens so often at start-up that I've got used to it.

Sounds like Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching, which can be disabled by fixing the HDMI resolution (say to 1080-50p) in Settings > Audio and Video.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 9:19:56 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

oddjobbmann

Hello everyone,
    As I am an Aura "newbie" can anyone tell me if there is a "cheat-sheet" to cover all the new changes? Or do I have to do the old-trial-and-error method?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    John

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 15:23:38 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

My comments on the DLNA feature is as follows:

1. On my Samsung Q9FN, the thumbnails are loaded, on my Samsung Frame TV v2, there are no thumbnails loaded
    2. A recorded programme watched through DLNA which is currently transcoding is treated as a live stream and so cannot be paused or restarted later from a known position. Annoying but better than nothing.
    3. Sometimes, if I stop playing a programme and then try to replay it again the stream does not start unless a wait some minutes (probably for the transcode to stop)

On the IOS Aura app:

1. The Aura app leaks downloaded recordings when the recording is deleted. The downloaded transcoding remains in the iPhone storage.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 16:25:29 #73 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

oddjobbmann - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello everyone,
    As I am an Aura "newbie" can anyone tell me if there is a "cheat-sheet" to cover all the new changes? Or do I have to do the old-trial-and-error method?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    John

The first post in this thread lists what the new changes are.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-software-dated-120421-comments?replies=74#post-89547

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 16:51:00 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

oddjobbmann

Ah yes, but ...
    It doesn't tell you how to access the "features" and that is what I want.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 17:08:38 #75 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

oddjobbmann - 11 mins ago  » 
    Ah yes, but ...
    It doesn't tell you how to access the "features" and that is what I want.

What other kit do you Laptop with what OS ? What mobile devices do you have.

I watch breakfast TV on my Samsung Galaxy tab A by setting the box to wake from full sby at 07:00.

I use bubbleupnp to acess the 4K Media Player Live TV option with the player as VLC. VLC is set 16:9 and full screen.

This gives a full screen image with no borders. The HD channels look very good.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 17:24:55 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Mars - 11 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 29 mins ago  » 

1) I sometimes drop out of recordings, even when the Aura isn't doing anything else i.e. recording.
    2) I see what can only be described as a tuner 'swap'. I'm watching a channel, then suddenly the screen goes black for about a second & the sound stops. Then the picture and sound come back with with the channel banner displayed in the top right corner of screen - of the same channel I've been watching. It's like I've changed channel to the same channel. The box isn't recording at this point.
    Yes this is a regular occurrence for me, it happens when I turn on, the picture and sound start as normal for about two seconds then disappear and restart again then all ok. Its happens so often at start-up that I've got used to it.

Sounds like Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching, which can be disabled by fixing the HDMI resolution (say to 1080-50p) in Settings > Audio and Video.

I'll give this a go and see what difference it makes. Thanks for the suggestion.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 20:46:10 #77 |
  8. Fixdit

Fixdit

peterukwp - 12 hours ago  » 

I only get the brief black screen occasionally when my my Fox sat HDR powers up to get ready for a recording! I have tried all the normal cures, moving HDMI leads and aerial leads etc, does not normally effect recordings. Although this evening I was watching an earlier recording and I had to pause it to take a phone call, when I returned to the room the humax clock was moving around the screen with the program ident but the sound was playing! the announcer was ending the programme and playback ended. Going back to the recording it showed only the first few mins as having played. I noticed that the foxsat had powered up ready for a recording, the timing coincided with the the error.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 21:16:16 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

Just had a bug where the volume was not getting sent to the TV. The + symbol on the Aura was showing on screen, but not the TV volume. I rebooted the TV without turning the Aura off and it was still the same. I rebooted the Aura (from the restart in about menu) without turning off the TV and it worked as expected again.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 21:17:51 #79 |
  10. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Has there been another update today? My home screen looks competely different

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 21:51:18 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.