My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

mhargreaves - 49 mins ago  » 
    Has there been another update today? My home screen looks competely different

I believe this is the latest Android/Google TV update which is being rolled out. Apparently the code was already on the Aura but not activated as discussed in this thread: Google TV

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 22:44:56 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DracUK

Woke up this morning to this new update.Everything seemed ok till I tried to play my previous recordings....not a chance just a black screen with no sound or picture.No matter what I tried it just wouldnt play any recordings.Had to do a full Factory Data Reset.Now I can play the recordings but lost all items listed in my recording schedule and had to do them all again.so far its working ok now, will have to wait and see how it goes.

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 23:17:25 #82 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

DracUK - 55 mins ago  » 
    Woke up this morning to this new update.Everything seemed ok till I tried to play my previous recordings....not a chance just a black screen with no sound or picture.No matter what I tried it just wouldnt play any recordings.Had to do a full Factory Data Reset.Now I can play the recordings but lost all items listed in my recording schedule and had to do them all again.so far its working ok now, will have to wait and see how it goes.

Mine is working fine after the update.

For future reference you can Import / Export your user settings, which includes the schedule, to the HDD at Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Settings. I believe this is retained after a factory reset, as are the recordings, as the HDD is not reformatted.

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 0:18:13 #83 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Can't see any obvious changes to the Google TV bits this morning. What's the Android version etc that I should be looking out for to check?

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 6:52:49 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DracUK

davidrew - 7 hours ago  » 

DracUK - 55 mins ago  » 

Mine is working fine after the update.
    For future reference you can Import / Export your user settings, which includes the schedule, to the HDD at Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Settings. I believe this is retained after a factory reset, as are the recordings, as the HDD is not reformatted.

Thanks will give that a go

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 7:20:43 #85 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 
    Can't see any obvious changes to the Google TV bits this morning. What's the Android version etc that I should be looking out for to check?

I've checked the Android Version, Security Patch Level, Kernel Version and Build and those have not changed since March.

Version: 9
    Patch: 5 December 2020
    Kernel: 4.9.189-1-12pre #13 Thu Dec 24 18:50:58 KST 2020
    Build: PTT1.190528.001

The new home look like this vs the old.

Attachments

1. Old_Home_Screen.jpg (393.2 KB, 37 downloads) 3 years old
    2. New_Home_Screen_2021-04-21.jpg (613 KB, 28 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 21 Apr 2021 9:26:40 #86 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 

I've checked the Android Version, Security Patch Level, Kernel Version and Build and those have not changed since March.
    Version: 9
    Patch: 5 December 2020
    Kernel: 4.9.189-1-12pre #13 Thu Dec 24 18:50:58 KST 2020
    Build: PTT1.190528.001
    The new home look like this vs the old.

Have any Apps updated recently?

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 10:32:51 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Hmm, I had the same version, patch, and I think kernel number (24th december dating stuck in my head), but the home screen looked the same as it ever did. Maybe it needs a reboot; a job for when I get home.

Did you get any notification that the new version of Google TV was being applied?

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 10:52:05 #88 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hmm, I had the same version, patch, and I think kernel number (24th december dating stuck in my head), but the home screen looked the same as it ever did. Maybe it needs a reboot; a job for when I get home.
    Did you get any notification that the new version of Google TV was being applied?

There was no prior notification of the update but there were two explanatory notifications about what had changed and that previous home screen content may have gone and need re-adding.

I only noticed yesterday evening when I pressed the APPS key to load VLC Player and the screen had changed.

I am a Beta tester but there has been no notifications of any updates to test and according to the Google TV thread the functionality was already on the box, it's enabled by Google by region apparently.

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 12:22:22 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I'm in the beta too. Maybe the update will have applied by tonight.

On phones etc, I've had plenty of experience of updates to apps or core systems being delayed by 24-48 hours between devices I've owned, so perhaps I'm just waiting in the queue.

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 12:42:17 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.