My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box restarting after casting from Youtube app

(59 posts)
  1. Gothamite

Gothamite

Hi all,
    I found this thread hoping to find a solution to that vey title: "Box restarting after casting from You Tube app".
    I'm a new Humax user and was pleased to see that initially I could indeed cast You Tube.
    But a couple of days later I can't. It's now restarting my Humax box.
    Did I really that someone had one up with a workaround for this?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Gothamite

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 12:05:41 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Gothamite - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I found this thread hoping to find a solution to that vey title: "Box restarting after casting from You Tube app".
    I'm a new Humax user and was pleased to see that initially I could indeed cast You Tube.
    But a couple of days later I can't. It's now restarting my Humax box.
    Did I really that someone had one up with a workaround for this?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Gothamite

Sorry to read that but no, there was a work around posted but it was just instructions on how to use casting and it still caused my box to reboot every time.

What is missing here is any feedback at all from Humax themselves. I still get regular emails advertising products but nothing about fixes to bad firmware on existing products.

You can of course search for your video via the Humax box without casting but it is slow and awkward and hence wanting to cast from your phone or tablet.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 16:07:48 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 41 seconds ago  » 
    I can recommend using a chromecast. You can cast directly from a phone or tablet.
    https://m.johnlewis.com/google-chromecast/p2223608?sku=234859125&s_kwcid=2dx92700030737553085&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqM3VBRCwARIsAKcekb29juHsyWCO-UdNgFQ2EWMU1ujoZYktRCsrWK7bdFjcb88cYKld3Q8aAv1oEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And you can take it on holiday.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 17:52:57 #44 |
  5. Gothamite

Gothamite

Thanks for the constructive replies thus far.
    I use a Chromecast on another set, it is really handy.
    Just a bit annoying that I could cast from my tablet when I first had the Humax now, for some reason it just does this odd powering down thing.
    I've linked my app to the set with a linking code, but it's a faff as YouTube needs to be already accessed.
    Contacted Humax just to ask the question.
    I'll post any response I get from them.
    Excelsior!

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:06:47 #45 |
  6. Gothamite

Gothamite

Just a bit annoying that I could cast from my tablet when I first had the Humax now, for some reason it just does this odd powering down thing.
    I've linked my app to the set with a linking code, but it's a faff as YouTube needs to be already accessed.
    Excelsior!

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:07:24 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Gothamite - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Excelsior!

Well it's great that's you've managed to contact Humax - seriously how did you do that? I've looked but can't find any contact details.

As to why it used. To work but no longer does, check when the system software was last updated and I would bet it is in between when it worked out of the box and when it stopped working.

Also I like the idea of using Chromecast, which will work for any app on your phone which it supports, not just YouTube as it bypasses Humax altogether but it is only a work around and of course Humax still need to fix the problem. Chromecast also needs its own HDMI port, my tv only has one as it is a bit old, and there's no available USB port to power the Chromecast so this too is a significant faff as a work around for me.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:16:47 #47 |
  8. Gothamite

Gothamite

Email: uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
    Phone: 0344 318 8800

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:21:31 #48 |
  9. Gothamite

Gothamite

Just had a chat with Humax support.
    They say that this is something that they are aware of and they have recently contacted YouTube about this.
    No reply has been forthcoming yet so what they have recommended is that I perform a factory reset on the Humax and also uninstall and reinstall the app on my tab.
    The guy has had no feedback as to whether this works so I need to try this at the weekend.
    The other thing he mentioned was that I was the first 1100s owner to call about this issue. Owners of other models have called about this.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:38:24 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rjbcollege - 1 hour ago  » 

Gothamite - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Excelsior!

Well it's great that's you've managed to contact Humax - seriously how did you do that? I've looked but can't find any contact details.
    As to why it used. To work but no longer does, check when the system software was last updated and I would bet it is in between when it worked out of the box and when it stopped working.
    Also I like the idea of using Chromecast, which will work for any app on your phone which it supports, not just YouTube as it bypasses Humax altogether but it is only a work around and of course Humax still need to fix the problem. Chromecast also needs its own HDMI port, my tv only has one as it is a bit old, and there's no available USB port to power the Chromecast so this too is a significant faff as a work around for me.

Just buy a HDMI auto switch.

eg

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Support-Wireless-Control-Blu-ray-Black/dp/B00MWRZFP4/ref=sr_1_8?s=instant-video&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1521742807&sr=8-8&keywords=HDMI+auto+switch

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 19:21:14 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.