My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Box turning on in middle of night

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I have had an issue for the last few months, where randomly on the occasional night by Aura turns itself on which in turn also turns the TV and sound bar on which can be quite alarming. The box is in deep standby from 11.30pm to 7.00am and no recordings are starting, finishing or taking place when this happens.

Is it just me this happens too?

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 7:27:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

IBO

Yes I have experienced this on a regular but random basis since buying the box.

I do not use deep standby but have now started turning the volume down to zero on the box and turning off the monitor when I go to bed.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 10:20:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I tried with and without deep stand by and it happened both ways. Glad I am not the only one to have this issue, the problem I have is if I go away for a holiday and this happens when I am away or when I am out and it stresses my dog.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 10:33:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

caryh

I also have this on a semi regular basis.

For me, it always comes back on 10-15 minutes after I turn it off, but only at night, never during the day.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 10:36:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

So this appears to be a wider issue, so maybe Humax need to look at a fix for this.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 10:47:26 #5 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

I had this for several months from deep standby, box turned on with blue light. I think I have managed to stop it by going into schedule and removing all entries with no recordings set.
    I did look at my recordings to see if any the times/programs/repeats matched (allowing 10 mins for the Aura's start up) some did.
    So far no blue light, and the schedule now has some current entries of series that have finished recently. These have not caused any problems so far.
    If you go into Settings/Device preferences/About/Status you will find the uptime of the event.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 19:00:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I suggest everyone that has experienced this issue email Humax support direct, hopefully they will then investigate and come up with a fix.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 8:46:04 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have experienced this only once and in a unlikely situation.

All my kit is connected via a Denon AV Receiver (AVR) with two video zone outputs.

The aura is set to go to low power SBY at at 24:00 hours and wake at 06:30. I
    1t is normally connected to a LG C9 OLED in the lounge with zone 2 connected to small Full HD TV wall mounted in the kitchen.

Normally to turn off the whole system I need to to select zone 1 on the avr and hit the AVR remote power button. And then zone 2 and select the power button again. This puts the avr into full sby. The TV remote power button puts the LG oled into sby. OLED TV's need power overnight to carry out pixel refresh opera

The zone 2 output is connected by a pair of HDMI cat 7 baluns to a kitchen TV.

Normally on shut down I have to select zone 1 on the AVR and the zone 2 and press AVR remote power button.

This shuts down the AVR. Then to shut down the TV I need to press the LG TC remote power button.

This leaves the TV in active sby (required by OLED TV's to carry out pixel refresh routines.

On this occasion due to a underground power supply cable fault I had along with neighbours a total loss of power around 16:30 in the afternoon until about 02:00 the followimn morning.

Without power unable to shut down the full system in the normal way.

Around 02:00 was woken from sleep to hear loud voices from the lounge.

Investigated found AVR on connected to its internet radio option and TV on and displaying the current audio programme.

Suggests in this condition that there is a bug that if no power is found on restoration that missing the low power shut down is ignored.

I have this setting to wake the aura to enable the media server to watch breakfast TV on a Android tablet every morning.

Other than this no issues. Guessing this is a CEC power setting issue. Too many problems for ne with CEC control. It's turned off. How hard is it to select a HDMI input on yout YV

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 21:13:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I shouldn't have to have it turned off thats the point if its an option it should work. Last night it turned itself on again this really is not acceptable.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 6:33:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 
    I shouldn't have to have it turned off thats the point if its an option it should work. Last night it turned itself on again this really is not acceptable.

Hdmi cec in all its various guises between different brands has ALWAYS been problematic, since it's inception. Too many variations between brands and types of equipment.
    This isn't a Humax issue, it affects all manufacturers.
    If it works correctly consider it a bonus, if it doesn't there is absolutely no point getting in a froth about it, just turn it off or buy an hdmi-cec blocker.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 7:47:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.