My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Box turning on in middle of night

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The cable doesn't stop your Aura from randomly turning on, it stops the Aura turning your TV on at the same time.
    If both are still happening, you either have a faulty cable or the wrong cable.

| Wed 8 Sep 2021 20:46:21 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Great news at last shame it took so long for them to investigate fully and admit there is an issue. I need to buy another Freeview recorder but holding off until this is resolved otherwise I won't be buying a Humax.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 15:09:51 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

I've landed here after finding tv on a couple of times in the morning. Had the Humax for almost 3 months now, but only seen TV on twice in the morning.

Humax says it's been on 5 hours which would make it 6am when it switched on.

I did have my deep sleep set from 12-6AM. So going to assume it's that. I've changed end of deep sleep to be 11AM so hopefully won't see this again.

| Sat 12 Feb 2022 12:05:37 #53 |
  4. Jthspace

Jthspace

I had this issue but was told that when switching off at night, to press and hold the on/off button on the Aura remote for a few seconds until a grey pop-up box appears offering "OFF". Since using this method (instead of a quick touch of the off button) I don't seem to have any night-time turn-ons (of the TV!)

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 15:32:25 #54 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Jthspace - 21 hours ago  » 
    I had this issue but was told that when switching off at night, to press and hold the on/off button on the Aura remote for a few seconds until a grey pop-up box appears offering "OFF". Since using this method (instead of a quick touch of the off button) I don't seem to have any night-time turn-ons (of the TV!)

That's because the method you describe puts the Aura into deep standby. This is the only 'standby' that uses about 0.5W of power. The 'normal standby' uses about 6W.

| Wed 16 Feb 2022 13:10:53 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrGumby

| Wed 16 Feb 2022 13:37:02 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrGumby

Geoff_W - 27 mins ago  » 

Jthspace - 21 hours ago  » 

Well yes - that's what the instructions tell you to do! Always have done.
    The point is that, until recently, the box would randomly wake up from deep sleep, whether you put it to sleep that way or on a timed basis. But they seem to have fixed it now. Well, most of the time - mine still switches on by itself occasionally, whichever way I put it to sleep.
    So, it's just a matter of which way is preferable to you - timed or with the buttons. Timed may be preferable, because then you can have it come out of deep sleep automatically in advance of the time you normally switch on.

| Wed 16 Feb 2022 13:40:00 #57 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.