My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can't record program if already on iPlayer

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 8 hours ago  » 
    So just to be clear, if a programme in the EPG already has the full iPlayer logo next to it, you can't just press record or OK and then select the recording options as per the 4000t/5000t?

Correct.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 22:29:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And what about the other scenario, where a series has all episodes available on iPlayer even though the full series hasn't been broadcast?

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 22:44:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 33 mins ago  » 
    And what about the other scenario, where a series has all episodes available on iPlayer even though the full series hasn't been broadcast?

I am not sure how that scenario differs from the first scenario?

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 23:20:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Because one is a programme that has been previously broadcast (which is why it is on iPlayer) and the other is a series where they haven't yet been broadcast but the whole series is available to binge on iPlayer.
    So in the second scenario, do you still have to press the i button or can you just record the series like normal?

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 9:16:50 #14 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

On a Youview box in this situation you can press the Red Record button rather than the OK button on the EPG entry (quicker than pressing i and selecting record from there). Are people saying this does not work on the Aura?

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 11:17:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

gomezz - 8 mins ago  » 
    On a Youview box in this situation you can press the Red Record button rather than the OK button on the EPG entry (quicker than pressing i and selecting record from there). Are people saying this does not work on the Aura?

That's how it appears to me (from what has been posted so far).
    It's good that the Aura has brought back the "i" button but what a ridiculous thing to insist that it's used for this. OK or the record button and then the normal options makes far more sense. And there's no point defending it by saying that it is only an extra button to press, it's 2021, manufacturers are supposed to be making the user experience easier, not more complicated (and believe me (from 15 years as an installer) this is going to frustrate a lot of older customers.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 11:32:01 #16 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

On my Aura, everything works as expected so you press record to record, OK to launch iplayer, and i for information. I do not understand why people who seem to have no experience of using the Aura jump to conclusions about how the Aura works.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 12:11:16 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Mars - 25 mins ago  » 
    On my Aura, everything works as expected so you press record to record, OK to launch iplayer, and i for information. I do not understand why people who seem to have no experience of using the Aura jump to conclusions about how the Aura works.

Who has jumped to conclusions?
    The question was asked and the subsequent answers warranted further investigation.
    Your answer clearly contradicts both Martin and phlppip.
    If someone is in the EPG and wants to record something (anything) pressing OK or record should be all that is required (other than obvious options for single/series and reminder and iPlayer if available). From what has been said so far, when the programme is already on iPlayer, the user is immediately prompted to use iPlayer and in order to record it, the i button must be pressed.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 12:40:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your answer clearly contradicts both Martin and phlppip.

I am not sure that they do contradict. As matter of habit I use the OK button; I now know that a simpler workaround would be to use the record button. I gave an answer to a question that worked for me. Other (better) answers are available. For what its worth, the skinny manual that comes with the Aura makes no reference to setting recordings. The pdf manual from the website says :

Setting quick reminder or recording
    1. Select a future programme and press OK. Programme detail will display.
    2. Select Remind or Record. The record button is also available.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 14:27:27 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Martin, this just demonstrates the importance of forums and member questions, even when the answers would appear to be contradictory. And eventually (one would hope) things like online manuals will be updated to include more relevant information.
    So far, the original question asked, indicated that no obvious method of setting a recording (of something already in iPlayer) was possible (had it been obvious the question would not have been asked). You and phlppip suggested that the solution was to press the "i" button and when I asked for clarification regarding the use of the "OK" button you confirmed that this would take you immediately to the iPlayer instead of bringing up the options to record/remind/watch in iPlayer (as would be presented on previous models).
    Mars then posted "On my Aura, everything works as expected so you press record to record, OK to launch iplayer, and i for information." That would certainly appear to contradict your solution as it suggests that pressing the red button will set up a schedule to record something that is already available in iPlayer (unless, of course, Mars hasn't bothered to read previous posts to understand what was originally asked? It certainly hasn't made it any clearer).
    And its not like comparing apples to oranges either. Operating/recording procedures should be easier (or at least not more convoluted) in new models.
    On the 4000t/5000t if I am in the EPG and want to record (let's use 'Turkey with Simon Reeve' as an example because it is already available on iPlayer), if I press the red record button I get two options (record this programme and record whole series) and, if I choose to press OK instead, I get four options (record whole series/record this programme/set reminder and Watch via On Demand). That makes far more sense than having to remember that if the programme is already on iPlayer I will need to use the i button instead.
    So what actually works and what doesn't?

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 15:20:10 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.