My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Change of remote code

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

angus28

I've just added a new Humax Aura box to the pile of boxes under my TV, alongside an existing Humax Freesat box. The Freesat's remote code is set to 1 (of the 1-6 codes available), and unfortunately I've found that the Freesat remote also switches the Aura on and off, changes channels etc. So I want to reset the Aura's remote code to 2 (or anything other than 1). I've tried the usual Humax technique of holding down the OK and 0 keys for 5 seconds, but this doesn't seem to do anything on the Aura. With apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, does anyone know how to change the remote code on the Aura? Thanks!

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 18:22:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

angus28 - 1 min ago  » 
    I've just added a new Humax Aura box to the pile of boxes under my TV, alongside an existing Humax Freesat box. The Freesat's remote code is set to 1 (of the 1-6 codes available), and unfortunately I've found that the Freesat remote also switches the Aura on and off, changes channels etc. So I want to reset the Aura's remote code to 2 (or anything other than 1). I've tried the usual Humax technique of holding down the OK and 0 keys for 5 seconds, but this doesn't seem to do anything on the Aura. With apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, does anyone know how to change the remote code on the Aura? Thanks!

Why not change the Freesat box code set to something other than 1 ?

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 18:25:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

angus28

Well I would, except that the Freesat box is nicely set up to be used via a Logitech Harmony remote and I don't really want to have to change everything on that. I was hoping that the Aura could be reconfigured to a different code, but if that's not possible then I'll have to bite the bullet with the Harmony

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 19:05:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

angus28 - 16 mins ago  » 
    I was hoping that the Aura could be reconfigured to a different code

If you switch to using the Aura remote in Bluetooth mode does that switch off the IR on both the box and the Aura remote?

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 19:24:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

angus28

No it doesn't. The same thing happens (Freesat remote controlling the Aura) whether or not the Aura's remote is paired via Bluetooth.

| Sun 15 Nov 2020 9:11:20 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

angus28 - 14 hours ago  » 
    Well I would, except that the Freesat box is nicely set up to be used via a Logitech Harmony remote and I don't really want to have to change everything on that. I was hoping that the Aura could be reconfigured to a different code, but if that's not possible then I'll have to bite the bullet with the Harmony

The simple solution is to change the remote mode on your Freesat remote, and use that instead of your Harmony. If the aura remote mode can be altered after a future software update, revert the Foxsat mode, and change the aura mode, then you can go back to using your Harmony.

| Sun 15 Nov 2020 9:31:31 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Rather defeats the object of using the Harmony remote. What I would do is add the Foxsat (Code 2) as a separate device to the Harmony adjusting the activities accordingly but keep the original Foxsat (Code 1) device configured but unused by the activities to revert to in the future if needed.

| Sun 15 Nov 2020 10:44:42 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.