My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Current BBC Recording Debacle

(58 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

For the first time Shakespeare and Hathaway recorded correctly today on Freesat. Not checked the FVP unit yet.

| Mon 4 Mar 2019 16:09:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Martin Liddle - 6 hours ago  » 
    For me, the situation has been much better for the last few days with no missed recordings or late starts. The only minor problem I am seeing is that they have split the weather forecast after the 1pm o'clock, 6pm o'clock and 10pm o'clock national news into a separate recording with a shared series ID so I end up with weather forecasts that I don't want.

I really should know better than to post about success. Today on BBC1 they have merged the weather back into the national news/local news. What was a series recording for the weather on BBC1 has been converted into a series link for weather on BBC2 (which I don't want). Local news at about 1:35pm was a bit late starting the recording.

| Mon 4 Mar 2019 19:49:05 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have another imponderable. I mentioned the other week that Shetland, although set to record on a series link had recorded the 1st and 2nd episodes as 'stand alone' recordings and I was puzzled as to why.

Well I have realised the reason - one of the episodes was recorded on BBC1 East Midlands not BBC1 West Midlands?

However, it doesn't end there. I was checking through the EPG tonight as I wanted to record something later on. I noticed that although I had set Warren and Alan Partridge to record there were no recording icons in the EPG. On further investigation they were both set to record but from BBC1 Scotland.

I cannot have set these programmes to record from different areas by accident as the numbers are miles away from BBC1 for the West Midlands. How on earth is this happening?

Humax HDR 1000s.

| Mon 4 Mar 2019 23:34:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am not familiar with the Freesat boxes, but is it not possible to remove the unwanted regional versions so that they cannot be used in error?

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 0:21:15 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes, You can delete any unwanted regions, this also removes problems when the BBC misuse the CRID codes across regions.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 10:09:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes, You can delete any unwanted regions, this also removes problems when the BBC misuse the CRID codes across regions.

I don't want to remove them as I do use them on occasion for watching programmes from other regions.

The point is how is this happening?

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 11:38:35 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Something I have noticed recently, and may be associated with these problems, is the very welcome disappearance of the irritating ‘Watch in HD’ prompts when watching on BBC1 SD. I hope they don’t return.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 14:44:40 #17 |
  8. Fixdit

Fixdit

Last night the BBC really took the biscuit. First it failed to record 'Inside out' BBC1 SD, set for series recording. Looking at the EPG my series record program 'Panorama'BBC1 HD was titled 'Death in the woods' the SD version was called 'These pills will kill you' thinking that this was a different program I tried to record it, could only record the NI version. When Panorama started the HD version, the info panel at the bottom of the screen displayed the program as 'Impossible celebrities' and the time as 17:40 and was not being recorded. Both SD and HD version's where the same Program. On checking 'Impossible Celebrities' was actually broadcast on Saturday at 17:40! Then at about 15 mins into the program the Info panel changed and both SD and HD versions started recording although only the last 16 mins. I have sent the BBC my observations, and expressed my ire at the state of their EPG failing over the last 3 or so months. Not holding my breath.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 15:51:10 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 16 hours ago  » 
    I have another imponderable. I mentioned the other week that Shetland, although set to record on a series link had recorded the 1st and 2nd episodes as 'stand alone' recordings and I was puzzled as to why.
    Well I have realised the reason - one of the episodes was recorded on BBC1 East Midlands not BBC1 West Midlands?
    However, it doesn't end there. I was checking through the EPG tonight as I wanted to record something later on. I noticed that although I had set Warren and Alan Partridge to record there were no recording icons in the EPG. On further investigation they were both set to record but from BBC1 Scotland.
    I cannot have set these programmes to record from different areas by accident as the numbers are miles away from BBC1 for the West Midlands. How on earth is this happening?
    Humax HDR 1000s.

The BBC have set identical CRIDS for BBC1-HD England and Scotland, instead od a different Series for Scotland. As a result setting from either results in duplicate recordings. See my post above.

Delete BBC1-HD Scotland from your epg.

The epg has the same series and programme crid's for both England and Scotland. The Humax I think should only record one, but possibly due to a bug records both. In the past this has neen avoided by using a different series crid for the other nations. This works excpet when another nation happens to be showing a different episode.

Use a manual recording with a suitable repeat pattern

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 16:03:32 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

Faust - 16 hours ago  » 
    Humax HDR 1000s.

The BBC have set identical CRIDS for BBC1-HD England and Scotland, instead od a different Series for Scotland. As a result setting from either results in duplicate recordings. See my post above.
    Delete BBC1-HD Scotland from your epg.
    The epg has the same series and programme crid's for both England and Scotland. The Humax I think should only record one, but possibly due to a bug records both. In the past this has neen avoided by using a different series crid for the other nations. This works excpet when another nation happens to be showing a different episode.
    Use a manual recording with a suitable repeat pattern

I'm not getting duplicate recordings but recordings from different regions e.g. BBC1 East Midlands, BBC NI, BBC Wales and BBC1 Scotland. All these when my region is West Midlands.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 21:07:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.