Current BBC Recording Debacle

(58 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 18 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

Faust - 16 hours ago  » 
    I have another imponderable. I mentioned the other week that Shetland, although set to record on a series link had recorded the 1st and 2nd episodes as 'stand alone' recordings and I was puzzled as to why.
    Well I have realised the reason - one of the episodes was recorded on BBC1 East Midlands not BBC1 West Midlands?
    However, it doesn't end there. I was checking through the EPG tonight as I wanted to record something later on. I noticed that although I had set Warren and Alan Partridge to record there were no recording icons in the EPG. On further investigation they were both set to record but from BBC1 Scotland.
    I cannot have set these programmes to record from different areas by accident as the numbers are miles away from BBC1 for the West Midlands. How on earth is this happening?
    Humax HDR 1000s.

The BBC have set identical CRIDS for BBC1-HD England and Scotland, instead od a different Series for Scotland. As a result setting from either results in duplicate recordings. See my post above.
    Delete BBC1-HD Scotland from your epg.
    The epg has the same series and programme crid's for both England and Scotland. The Humax I think should only record one, but possibly due to a bug records both. In the past this has neen avoided by using a different series crid for the other nations. This works excpet when another nation happens to be showing a different episode.
    Use a manual recording with a suitable repeat pattern

I'm not getting duplicate recordings but recordings from different regions e.g. BBC1 East Midlands, BBC NI, BBC Wales and BBC1 Scotland. All these when my region is West Midlands.

Same applies. All the BBC regions are on the epg. If the BBC don't differentiate the codeing When you set the recording the box finds the first ocurrence of the series with a matching episode, this may well be any other region.

The postcode just sets what channel gets the 101 lcn for BBC1-SD

950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    965 BBC 1 West
    966 BBC 1 Yorks
    967 BBC 1 EYrks&L

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 21:30:19 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 16 hours ago  » 
    I have another imponderable. I mentioned the other week that Shetland, although set to record on a series link had recorded the 1st and 2nd episodes as 'stand alone' recordings and I was puzzled as to why.
    Well I have realised the reason - one of the episodes was recorded on BBC1 East Midlands not BBC1 West Midlands?
    However, it doesn't end there. I was checking through the EPG tonight as I wanted to record something later on. I noticed that although I had set Warren and Alan Partridge to record there were no recording icons in the EPG. On further investigation they were both set to record but from BBC1 Scotland.
    I cannot have set these programmes to record from different areas by accident as the numbers are miles away from BBC1 for the West Midlands. How on earth is this happening?
    Humax HDR 1000s.

The BBC have set identical CRIDS for BBC1-HD England and Scotland, instead od a different Series for Scotland. As a result setting from either results in duplicate recordings. See my post above.
    The epg has the same series and programme crid's for both England and Scotland. The Humax I think should only record one, but possibly due to a bug records both. In the past this has neen avoided by using a different series crid for the other nations. This works excpet when another nation happens to be showing a different episode.

I'm not getting duplicate recordings but recordings from different regions e.g. BBC1 East Midlands, BBC NI, BBC Wales and BBC1 Scotland. All these when my region is West Midlands.

Same applies. All the BBC regions are on the epg. If the BBC don't differentiate the codeing When you set the recording the box finds the first ocurrence of the series with a matching episode, this may well be any other region.
    950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    965 BBC 1 West
    966 BBC 1 Yorks
    967 BBC 1 EYrks&L

But why has this not happened over the last 6 years of my owning the 1000s. This is a very recent phenomenon.

Given most of what I record is in SD and my post code is correct then this is even worse. Warren and Alan Partridge was set to record BBC1 West Mids but recorded both from BBC1 Scotland.

I set the programmes from the EPG and the record icons were there originally. However, they subsequently disappeared and we now know why.

The BBC have turned what was a good reliable service into a right pigs ear.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 23:32:04 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 16 hours ago  » 
    Humax HDR 1000s.

950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    965 BBC 1 West
    966 BBC 1 Yorks
    967 BBC 1 EYrks&L

But why has this not happened over the last 6 years of my owning the 1000s. This is a very recent phenomenon.
    Given most of what I record is in SD and my post code is correct then this is even worse. Warren and Alan Partridge was set to record BBC1 West Mids but recorded both from BBC1 Scotland.
    I set the programmes from the EPG and the record icons were there originally. However, they subsequently disappeared and we now know why.
    The BBC have turned what was a good reliable service into a right pigs ear.

Because the BBC have changed the way they are codeing the events. They should be providing a different series CRID for each Nation/ region instead of using the same one for all off them.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 10:45:42 #23 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

So does this mean that if I set a series record for a BBC 1 EE SD regional program, which is set as my Chan 101 ( 953 in reality), it will be pot luck if it records, or be some other region?

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 14:39:53 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 6 minutes ago  » 
    So does this mean that if I set a series record for a BBC 1 EE SD regional program, which is set as my Chan 101 ( 953 in reality), it will be pot luck if it records, or be some other region?

Correct, assuming the BBC carry on using the same CRID arrangements. Or you might get the same recording twice. Set one and check the recording schedule.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hidden-menu-for-hdr-1000s

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 14:50:41 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well surely they must have known this was going to cause huge problems for anyone with a satellite feed?

I'm struggling to believe this was the intentional consequence of their actions.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 15:24:08 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Just found another two anomalies. Yet again Shetland has recorded from BBC1 East Midlands (in SD) even though I am in West Midlands, though it has put it in the 'series link' folder of episodes.

However, Panorama Monday night. This time it has recorded West Midlands but I have also got the last 15 minutes of Eastenders, the very sight of which nearly induced me to put my foot through the TV. I did get the whole of Panorama though, so I suppose that's something.

This isn't just about one crid for everyone though as the timings are all over the place. The fact I have got the last 15 minutes of Eastenders demonstrates this.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 16:37:21 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well surely they must have known this was going to cause huge problems for anyone with a satellite feed?
    I'm struggling to believe this was the intentional consequence of their actions.

Complain to the BBC. They obviously fixed the Accurate recording timings for BBC1-HD Shakespeare and Hathaway, todays recorded OK on Freesat box. I deleted BBC1-Scotland to get over the double recording issue.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 17:05:51 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

If the beeb has fixed AR how then have I ended up getting the last 15 mins of EastEnders before Panorama started on Monday night?

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 18:06:33 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 
    If the beeb has fixed AR how then have I ended up getting the last 15 mins of EastEnders before Panorama started on Monday night?

I think they may be making progress but they certainly haven't fixed everything. I had two failed recordings last night and a several minutes late start to a program today.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 18:13:24 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.