My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Current BBC Recording Debacle

(58 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Yet another quirk this evening. I switched on our Youview box, went into the planner and noticed straight away that the box had recorded 'Pointless'?

I don't even watch the programme less still record it. This is getting beyond a joke. How when the box hasn't been switched on all day can it suddenly take it upon itself to record random programmes?

Buck up BBC.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 23:14:24 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Yet another quirk this evening. I switched on our Youview box, went into the planner and noticed straight away that the box had recorded 'Pointless'?
    I don't even watch the programme less still record it. This is getting beyond a joke. How when the box hasn't been switched on all day can it suddenly take it upon itself to record random programmes?
    Buck up BBC.

Unless you actually tell the BBC what is happening there's no chance they can know what is happening on every box out there ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

They fixed my issue with the one programme and it now works fine.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 23:20:08 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 20 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Buck up BBC.

Unless you actually tell the BBC what is happening there's no chance they can know what is happening on every box out there ?

Already done this earlier today Graham, but thanks for the link. I can understand the logic of one CRID fits all on the Freeview platform as that relies on region and transmitter. However, the same does not apply to satellite PVRs and I'm still struggling to fathom why the BBC engineers thought this could ever be feasible.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 23:44:20 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 20 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Buck up BBC.

Already done this earlier today Graham, but thanks for the link. I can understand the logic of one CRID fits all on the Freeview platform as that relies on region and transmitter. However, the same does not apply to satellite PVRs and I'm still struggling to fathom why the BBC engineers thought this could ever be feasible.

According to Luke the CRID specs include the maintenance of a database that remembers which programme CRID's are already recorded so this should prevent repeat recordings of the same content. It seems the G2 Humax boxes don't have this capability hence the need for a seperate series CRID for each SD region and HD Nation variants. This will ensure it only records from the epg entry the reservation is set from.

Of course the AR timing also needs to be right as well.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 9:42:53 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well if what you say is true Graham (as related by Luke) then of late something is certainly going awry as my 1000s seems to be picking up recordings from various regions willy-nilly.

I can't even begin to understand how the Youview box managed to record 'Pointless' last night either given I hadn't touched it for days.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 15:35:11 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

Just noticed that Doctors did not record today, and was not set for tomorrow even though it is on series link.
    But it was set to record next Monday!!
    Had this problem a few weeks ago where it stopped recording for a whole week and just restarted the next week.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 17:41:12 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Egrosvenor - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just noticed that Doctors did not record today, and was not set for tomorrow even though it is on series link.
    But it was set to record next Monday!!
    Had this problem a few weeks ago where it stopped recording for a whole week and just restarted the next week.

Also failed on FVP-5000T. One step forward and one backwards.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 19:29:15 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bargain Hunt BBC1-HD failed to record today on both Freeview and Freesat

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 15:00:40 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It may, or may not, be associated with this, but during the afternoon I noticed that Eggheads on BBC1 HD was not showing tonight's episode on the date list at the left of the playback list for the programme on my 5000T. (Not sure how to identify which list I mean - clearly!).

It was still showing on the EPG as programmed and also on the schedule, but I was not convinced.

So I programmed it again on BBC1 SD. I then found that it was showing on HD in the list where it had been missing, so I deleted the SD schedule.

I saw the recording start, so hopefully it completed.

Is this a BBC failing, or of the box? I have no idea!

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 19:48:21 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Escape To The Country BBC1-HD is recording from both England and Wales.

Looks like I have to now delete Wales as well as Scotland.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:53:20 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.