My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Current BBC Recording Debacle

(58 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Escape To The Country BBC1-HD is recording from both England and Wales.
    Looks like I have to now delete Wales as well as Scotland.

Is this the start of Humexit?

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:57:30 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The wife switched on our Freeview+ Panasonic PVR today to catch up with some of the programmes she has recorded over the last week.

Escape to the Country (series link) turned out to be a mixture of Shakespeare & Hathaway, Celebrity Impossible, plus the odd episode of Escape to the Country.

She then decided watch an episode of 'Doctors' (series link) only to find it was actually 'final score'?

She wasn't a happy bunny. What the hell are the BBC playing at?

All the programmes are set to record in SD BTW.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 23:25:21 #42 |
  3. Fixdit

Fixdit

Tonight 'Pointless Celebrities 'failed to record both on freeveiw and freesat and strangely tried to record the program twice.

I discovered this when I was trying set up recordings for Comic Relief on Friday. Set up ok for freeveiw, but could not set up on Freesat because of 'conflicts ' although I had no other programs set. Resorted to manual recordings. Emailed BBC again still got the usual check this and that.

I will try later in the week to set the recordings.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 23:46:39 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 13 hours ago  » 
    Tonight 'Pointless Celebrities 'failed to record both on freeveiw and freesat and strangely tried to record the program twice.
    I discovered this when I was trying set up recordings for Comic Relief on Friday. Set up ok for freeveiw, but could not set up on Freesat because of 'conflicts ' although I had no other programs set. Resorted to manual recordings. Emailed BBC again still got the usual check this and that.
    I will try later in the week to set the recordings.

Thats because they were using the same CRIDS for BBC1-HD, England Wales and Scotland the clash was down to the box trying to set 3 recordings at the same time.

See post above, I think the penny has finally dropped.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 13:24:45 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

That doesn't explain the anomalies in my post 41 though Graham. The glitches are getting more bizarre by the week.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 14:52:11 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have just observed another oddity, this time with the BBC EPG on my 5000T, though it has since been corrected and would not have impacted upon my recording needs.

For a short while I was seeing the BBC2SD and BBC2HD EPGs were displaying programmes after 2315 tonight one programme out of step with each other. I didn't have time to check which one was wrong before it sorted out.

Hopefully it will not recur, but if you are intending to record anything after 2300 tonight on BBC2, just be careful to check that the EPG is correct.

| Wed 13 Mar 2019 15:07:27 #46 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In light of the continuing issues I have today complained to OFCOM including links to the appropriate threads in this forum. I will report what happens.

| Tue 19 Mar 2019 12:20:30 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    In light of the continuing issues I have today complained to OFCOM including links to the appropriate threads in this forum. I will report what happens.

I would be really interested to learn of their reply Graham.

| Tue 19 Mar 2019 16:10:37 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

There have been issues which ruined my recordings on a few nights. I dont record often so dont know how long the problem was going on for

I recorded four Vic & Bob shows one after another and the recodings were messed up with early starts and cutting off the end. Ruined so I had to delete them

Shows on other nights experienced the early starts so I would get a minute or so of the previous programme and the whole break.

It seems to be back to normal more recently but I hope this doesnt happen again as its annoying

| Thu 21 Mar 2019 5:41:12 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I suspect that the issue is not entirely limited to the BBC.
    Yesterday, I noticed that "The Chase" was not showing a timer icon in the epg despite it being part of a series link. The same was evident in the recordings list.
    I decided not to try to change anything but just wait to see what happened.
    The episode did indeed record, however, I have just begun playback and it has missed the first 5 or so minutes of the show. (I haven't gone to the end to see if it has overrun because I don't want to see the endgame lol).
    I have also noticed that the 28th March is not showing a timer icon.

Attachments

1. 20190321_165403.jpg (1587.7 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    2. 20190321_165417.jpg (2529.8 KB, 2 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 22 Mar 2019 9:38:31 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.