My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital plus - how to get?

(77 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Ms12 on/off is in the Dolby Advanced settings menu.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:16:21 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Yes a typo. And you can only update in custom not when you have selected tv (internal speakers). You can’t have internal speakers and ms12 off.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:25:09 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

So, if by mts2 you actually meant ms12, perhaps (probably) even though it's greyed out in TV, when you go to custom and turn it on, it remains on when you go back to TV (and vice-versa)?
    So the custom option overrides the default in each section?

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:26:04 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

That’s what my other question is trying to, maybe clumsily, ask. Humax do not explain. I was hoping Barry would come to the rescue.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:27:21 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Clumsily is an understatement lol
    My best guess is that whatever is set in "custom" will override the defaults in options 1/2/3.

So try custom off, back to TV, reboot tv/Aura/Sonos and then logically you should be getting unprocessed audio straight to the soundbar.

Or perhaps you set custom to off, leave it on custom, reboot everything and then see what comes out of the Sonos?

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:33:54 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

What would really help would be if the user manual actually contained screenshots and explanations for everything instead of the half baked document it is.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 14:36:06 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Set to tv (internal), did a reboot, then switched to custom and ms12 off and did a reboot. I get pcm stereo from had Freeview instead of DD+. But Dolby Atmos from apps. I was getting this earlier. If I change to tv(internal) it reboots and the ms12 is back to on again on tv (internal) setting. I don’t think your theory that option 4 custom overrides either 1, 2 or 3 is correct. Brings me back to my other question. What is custom for? What else do you get with custom? It’s not clear. Only Humax can state clearly how custom functions.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 15:14:53 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And have you tried custom off then options 2 and 3?
    Because if custom only has on/off but doesn't open up to any other settings page in the menu, then it's only logical function must be to override the defaults.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 15:27:33 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And according to the release notes :-
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=551197&curr_page=sw_release

I would expect custom off, home cinema via hdmi to be the correct setup. If this doesn't give you the correct audio from everything, then the Humax firmware isn't written correctly.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 15:44:02 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Tried option 2 (ms12 on)with a reboot then custom option (ms12 off) with a reboot, then went back to option 2 with a reboot and ms12 is back on again. I’m not trying option 3 as it looks like the settings for 1-3 are set and can’t be altered. E.g I can’t have option 2 with ms12 off. What’s the point of custom option? If you switch ms12 off you’re getting option 3 and if you switch ms12 on you’re getting option 2.

| Sat 6 Nov 2021 15:46:22 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.