My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Dropouts in sound and video on live or recorded TV

(63 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

havenview

Sparky Baz - 28 mins ago  » 

jacklx - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Before sending it back I suggest you might look into the cabling, which has not been touched. If possible it might be worth moving the TV end of the HDMI cable into an unused HDMI socket if there's one available. Cleaning up both ends of the cable, and its sockets with a soft brush may help. You've got an intermittent fault, I can't imagine anyone at Humax coupling it up to one of their TVs and watching to see if any thing happens. Bear in mind also that your input co-ax from the aerial or the connection at the aerial might be dodgy. You could check this by watching something just on the TV, i.e leave the Humax switched off. You might also ask neighbours if they experience black outs.

Done what you said still drop outs 5 last night, been in touch with Humax who advised to swap lead/ swop HDMI socket, still not right, will get back to them to see what they say.

If you see a drop out, use the live buffer, rewind and play the event again (and again and again if required). if the dropout repeats and happens at the same point it is on the input side and hence nothing to do with the HDMI lead.

HDMI issues caused by faulty/poor quality leads etc look very different to DTT DVBT/DVBT2 issues

| Wed 15 Sep 2021 10:43:42 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

havenview - 1 hour ago  » 

Sparky Baz - 28 mins ago  » 

jacklx - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Before sending it back I suggest you might look into the cabling, which has not been touched. If possible it might be worth moving the TV end of the HDMI cable into an unused HDMI socket if there's one available. Cleaning up both ends of the cable, and its sockets with a soft brush may help. You've got an intermittent fault, I can't imagine anyone at Humax coupling it up to one of their TVs and watching to see if any thing happens. Bear in mind also that your input co-ax from the aerial or the connection at the aerial might be dodgy. You could check this by watching something just on the TV, i.e leave the Humax switched off. You might also ask neighbours if they experience black outs.

Done what you said still drop outs 5 last night, been in touch with Humax who advised to swap lead/ swop HDMI socket, still not right, will get back to them to see what they say.

If you see a drop out, use the live buffer, rewind and play the event again (and again and again if required). if the dropout repeats and happens at the same point it is on the input side and hence nothing to do with the HDMI lead.
    HDMI issues caused by faulty/poor quality leads etc look very different to DTT DVBT/DVBT2 issues

I have done this many times, when I rewind and then play back there is no drop out, so not a input problem, but what?

| Wed 15 Sep 2021 12:07:59 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jacklx

Sparky Baz
    OK, so going back to your initial post you get these intermittent blackouts when watching recordings and live TV with the Humax switched on. Rewinding the live TV and replaying does not show the blackout and presumably rewinding and playing back the recording doesn't show the blackout either? If that's the case the blackouts are NOT being recorded, so it's not an input problem. What happens if you are watching TV with the Humax switched off, i.e at standby. If there are blackouts it could be the loop through co-ax from Humax to TV, but this wouldn't affect recordings blacking out as recorded material gets to the TV via HDMI. It's beginning to look like a problem with the TV's HDMI circuitry especially if you don't get blackouts with the Humax at standby when the TV picture is coming in on the co-ax.

| Wed 15 Sep 2021 14:09:44 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

Well I have change the HDMI Lead, still blackout for a split second, changed the TV HDMI input from 3 to 2 still dropping out.

I have 3 set top boxes a Humax, a Mag Box, and a Fire Stick, I watched the MAG Box from 6.30pm till 9pm last night with no problems, I then watched a recording on the Humax, with in a few minutes blackouts started, I then watched the Fire stick for 2 hours all clear with no blackouts.

I have moved all cable, and checked aerial connections, tested the Humax on all HDMI inputs and the Humax still blackouts, while the other boxes are perfect, what do I do next.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 10:13:23 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Ask for a replacement.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 10:36:37 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

Many thanks for you reply, I will do as you say.
    Many thanks

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 11:43:54 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

Now if I have to send my My F V P 5000T box back to Humax I would like to transfer all my recording from the box on to a USB
    in case they get lost,is it posible, any infomation will help.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 11:57:21 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sparky Baz - 21 mins ago  » 
    Now if I have to send my My F V P 5000T box back to Humax I would like to transfer all my recording from the box on to a USB
    in case they get lost,is it posible, any infomation will help.

If they are SD recordings it is feasible; if they are HD recordings the encryption which is specific to a particular box will not be removed when copied to the USB storage so the recordings will not be playable on a new box.

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 12:20:59 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Easiest thing to do is get a 1tb/2tb USB external HDD, transfer everything over then, as Martin says, SD will be playable and keep your fingers crossed that someone will find an effective and straightforward way to remove the encryption from HD recordings (one day).

| Sat 18 Sep 2021 12:25:30 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

Humax have got back to me and request me to try a factory reset!
    Will this deleate all my recording!
    Will I have to reinstall all my favorite channels!

| Mon 20 Sep 2021 12:03:23 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.