My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Failure to turn on when timer recording

(105 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

My TV is a Panasonic 42AS650, viera link is off. No matter which Hdmi input is used there is no picture from the recorder when it is switched from standby whilst recording. Each of 3 FVP 4000t 1tb recorders has behaved the same. I exchanged the first recorder thinking it was faulty, Humax said the second one was faulty. The third recorder is exactly the same as the previous 2. All the recorders operated correctly other than coming out so Standby while recording. Humax have not acknowledged my email, may be I will call them. Richer sounds have been brilliant in exchanging and offering alternatives. As Alex4000 stated, Humax do not have a solution!

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 19:08:59 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

protos55 - 42 minutes ago  » 
    My TV is a Panasonic 42AS650, viera link is off. No matter which Hdmi input is used there is no picture from the recorder when it is switched from standby whilst recording. Each of 3 FVP 4000t 1tb recorders has behaved the same. I exchanged the first recorder thinking it was faulty, Humax said the second one was faulty. The third recorder is exactly the same as the previous 2. All the recorders operated correctly other than coming out so Standby while recording. Humax have not acknowledged my email, may be I will call them. Richer sounds have been brilliant in exchanging and offering alternatives. As Alex4000 stated, Humax do not have a solution!

So far we do not know if the box is actually remaining in sby, or actually booting and failing to provide a picture. If the former there is no way of fixing it, and it must be a faulty box. If the latter then there is a number of ways that it might be persuaded to re-negotiate hdcp handshake. Until some one checks and posts if the analogue outputs are live then there is not a lot we can say.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 19:54:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

So far we do not know if the box is actually remaining in sby, or actually booting and failing to provide a picture. If the former there is no way of fixing it, and it must be a faulty box. If the latter then there is a number of ways that it might be persuaded to re-negotiate hdcp handshake. Until some one checks and posts if the analogue outputs are live then there is not a lot we can say.

What do you mean by analogue outputs?

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:08:08 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

protos55 - 6 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

What do you mean by analogue outputs?

RCA phono sockets, Yellow - Composite (CVBS) video, Red/White Stereo analogue audio. Connects to a TV scart socket using a simple adaptor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/SCART-To-3-RCA-Composite-Phono-SVHS-S-Video-SWITCH-Adaptor-Converter-GOLD-PLATED/151797556669?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D8e4618cdba1d4ec7a307dcf165c4d504%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D1279161042139295944&_qi=RTM2063723

Can also be used to connect to a RF modulator to send the pictures to a remote TV using a coax cable, provided it has a PAL analogue tuner (In the same way you can do so with a Sky box).

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:21:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

Just connected phono to scart lead to AV1 of TV. All works as it should - no hd, until as above whilst recording no picture present when switching out of standby.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:50:16 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

Just to add to the confusion, I have noticed if you set the Power On Timer to operate during a recording. It does come out of standby, complete with TV picture on Hdmi!!!!!!!!!

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 21:01:57 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sounds familiar.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/series-not-recording

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 22:54:03 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sorry for delay in responding. Site went down when reading your post. Super idea to try a wake up timer (wish I had thought of it)

Obvious next step is will the box wake up from the physical power on button on the box itself (Indicating a ir remote lock out situation during recording). If it does can you try changing the box remote infra red mode as detailed in the faq's.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

A tentative theory, we already know that freetime boxes can switch remote mode channels apparently randomly (appears to be already fixed). It just seems possible that the some boxes during recording may change the remote channel. Barry can you post the mode number your FVP-4000T remote currently uses ?

Grasping at straws but evey test can eliminate possible causes.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 23:40:42 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

It does not make any difference, remote or switch on the recorder.

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 0:55:48 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

The physical power button on the box itself doesn't overcome the problem (see my initial post). I have now managed to try using the analogue output (connected in addition to the HDMI link) - when it fails to output to HDMI it also fails to output analogue.

I am currently of the view that it is something to do with some "deep sleep" mode. I don't get the problem in testing if for example I try setting a program to record in 5 mins time, put box into standby and let it start recording - it will then 'wake up' for live viewing in response to the remote's power button and output an HDMI feed. Again there is no problem if the program is set to record in 15 mins time or 30 mins time. It is when the scheduled start time is more than around 45 mins that the gremlins set in.

I know that the box comes to life about 20 mins prior to schedule recording time (hdd starts up and led goes from pale to bright red). In my tests, if I try to bring out of standby in that 20 min period, the led flashes blue once but then goes back to bright red with no output to HDMI or analogue. So the box is responding to the remote but failing to output a feed to the TV. What is more bizarre is that having tried but failed to bring it out of standby in that 20 mins prior to the recording starting, it then seems possible to bring it out of standby when the recording has started!

I'm not yet sure whether this last error sequence is reliably repeatable as my testing cycle takes time for the reason mentioned at the beginning of this post (and life goes on with other things!).

I hope to update my results as soon as possible including trying box on another brand of TV.

Thanks to all for inputs in response.

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 1:00:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.