My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Failure to turn on when timer recording

(105 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is very strange. If the hdmi cable is completely removed and the box is only connected by analogue cables, is the situation identical ?

During the pre recording situation, the box is looking for a signal from the broadcaster to start the recording.

If auto padding is turned on, then this does not happen. The box wakes at the scheduled time adjusted by whatever padding is set.

Does using auto padding resolve the issue ?

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 11:18:54 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

Just for interest, mine will never turn on if it's recording. I have to pull the plug out (wait say 15 seconds) put plug back, restart recording whatever I have just messed up by pulling the plug out.

Then I can go to "on demand" and see if it's one of the days where Youtube is working or not. (Yesterday - yes, today - not yet).

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:17:45 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pharmacologist 51 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Just for interest, mine will never turn on if it's recording. I have to pull the plug out (wait say 15 seconds) put plug back, restart recording whatever I have just messed up by pulling the plug out.
    Then I can go to "on demand" and see if it's one of the days where Youtube is working or not. (Yesterday - yes, today - not yet).

Have you tried the power on timer set to wake the box during a recording ?

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:22:36 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

I think the answers yes, but can you clarify the term "the power on timer"? Thanks.

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:28:05 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pharmacologist 51 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I think the answers yes, but can you clarify the term "the power on timer"? Thanks.

The box has power on and power off menu settings that you can use to turn on the box at a specific time and turn it off at another. By setting a on time whilst a recording is in progress, it has been posted the box wakes up OK and delivers pictures.

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:33:18 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

The irony! I went to the box to check these setting so that I could be sure I gave you the right answer. Unfortunately I can't turn it on as it's recording.

P.S. if it is recording, doesn't that mean tha it is on?

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:46:40 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

Just going to pull the plug out of the wall so that I can get to its settings!

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 12:49:52 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

Ah, that setting. I've owned the box for 6 weeks now and have spend many hours every day trying everything that one finds on this forum and all the other "Google hits" I see that is set to come on very early.

It's a pity, but I'm afraid this box is going to the back of a cupboard and I'll dig it out in 6-9 months to see if there have been any upgrades. There are just too many problems. I'm afraid I just can't spend any more time on it.

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 13:01:12 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I had a very similar issue with my 2000T when I first purchased it. I posted on here extensively about the subject. I did cure it and it was definitely an HDMI issue. My problem centred around the fact I was using a HDMI hub. This worked if I switched the machine on manually but I just got a blank screen if it was set to come on as a timed recording.

The timed recording didn't seem able to switch the hubs HDMI output to live. I solved this be linking the 2000T directly with the TV. However, even to this day I find it works more reliably if I have the TV on its own Freeview tuner then switch to the desired input rather than having it on that input intially if its already recording.

My TV is also a Panasonic.

| Fri 20 Nov 2015 0:04:48 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

Same problems here. Locked out tonight when tried to turn on after box had started to record from standby.
    My TV is telling me it is receiving 1080P but no sound and black screen. Tried different ports, same result, 1080P, blank screen.
    Box frozen, had to pull plug after recording had finished.
    After 2 weeks this is the first time I've seen this although wifey says it happens regularly and she's more or less given up.
    Annoying.

| Tue 24 Nov 2015 0:24:47 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.