My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

First scheduled recording didn't

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

djomp

Another user here with many 1 minute recordings from C4 only. We're assuming it's Channel 4's issue - hope they get it fixed soon!

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 22:19:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Is anyone reporting it to them? You'd how they're aware but...

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 9:04:22 #12 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I've raised a query with Channel 4 and Humax Support.

I have also asked members on the 4000T/5000T part of this forum if they have seen anything similar. If they have more likely to be the broadcaster's fault, if not, more likely Aura only related which is down to Humax.

Watch this space (hopefully for longer than 1 minute)

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 13:18:50 #13 |
  4. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

davidrew - 2 days ago  » 
    On Sunday it only recorded 1 minute of the F1 on C4HD and did the same on +1 after I noticed it hadn't started about half an hour in and I quickly scheduled the +1 to catch-up.

I totally forgot about Ch4+1, so when I tried to watch the F1 after Strictly, I switched to live TV (after watching the first minute) and missed the first two thirds of the race. By the time I watched the lap counter was showing twenty five minutes remaining.

It wasn't until later I remembered Ch4+1. Ah well.

I noticed that all Ch4 entries on the guide were blank for a number of hours or days. Many series linked programs had to be deleted from the schedule and re-entered before they correctly linked again.

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 14:07:19 #14 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Last night I spotted Jamie's One-Pan Wonders start to record and then less than a minute later it said, "Recording Completed". Fortunately, the programme was still in its opening credits, so I was able to do a quickstart manual recording.

I've now abandoned series linking on C4HD and set mine to be manual.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 12:25:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

So an unexpected bit of good news... as I said I realised my recording of Grand Designs hadn't started about 15min in and pressed record, thinking I could watch the first part on 4OD.

When I came to watch it, I had the 1-min recording and another 76 minute recording. Because my TV was already on channel 104 when I hit record, it actually recorded the whole program - using the fact it was buffered for live pause/RWD/FFD it could retrospectively go back to the start.

Which was actually pretty cool, I never knew that was a feature.
    The only weird thing was that the recording didn't stop at the end but 16 minutes later and there was an error symbol "recording stopped due to power"... we definitely did not have a power cut or anything. There's no way that turning the TV/Aura off using the remote would stop a recording, right?

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 12:30:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Misterhumax - 2 hours ago  » 
    So an unexpected bit of good news... as I said I realised my recording of Grand Designs hadn't started about 15min in and pressed record, thinking I could watch the first part on 4OD.
    When I came to watch it, I had the 1-min recording and another 76 minute recording. Because my TV was already on channel 104 when I hit record, it actually recorded the whole program - using the fact it was buffered for live pause/RWD/FFD it could retrospectively go back to the start.
    Which was actually pretty cool, I never knew that was a feature.
    The only weird thing was that the recording didn't stop at the end but 16 minutes later and there was an error symbol "recording stopped due to power"... we definitely did not have a power cut or anything. There's no way that turning the TV/Aura off using the remote would stop a recording, right?

Only if you pull the power from the unit.

Have you looked in your Schedule to see if you have schedules that are set but are not getting any information, if you find any delete these from the schedule and it may make your Aura function as expected.
    My Aura has been recording all programmes scheduled without any error.
    The only thing that wasn't happening was on a certain programme that is on everyday through the week which was set as a series link recording,
    it lost the series link and could only be set for recording individually. After a few days I thought I'd look in the Schedule and towards the bottom of the list there it was but 'no information' was displayed' I deleted it from the schedule.
    Going back to the EPG and to the following days edition of the required programme I could now set it with series link again.
    The broadcaster must have changed the CRID data a few days ago and the Aura was still searching using the old data.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 15:20:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

donandpam

I got a 1 minute recording of Bake Off tonight too. Wife NOT happy

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 21:18:58 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

All scheduled recordings on channel 4 hd failed on my aura box, only recording a minute. Weirdly channel 4 SD and plus 1 record fine. Also my FVP 5000 box records channel 4 hd fine.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 21:35:48 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

donandpam - 45 mins ago  » 
    I got a 1 minute recording of Bake Off tonight too.

Result

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 22:04:41 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.