My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

First scheduled recording didn't

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

Same here,C4 issue, did an update channels and a duplicate of Four in a Bed, recorded one minute other one OK?

| Wed 12 Oct 2022 21:49:15 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jerryhunt2

Yes, C4 programs not recording on my Aura over the last few days, but showing as 1 minute long - Humax technical say they are aware and 'working on it'.

| Wed 12 Oct 2022 21:56:30 #22 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

jerryhunt2 - 13 hours ago  » 
    Yes, C4 programs not recording on my Aura over the last few days, but showing as 1 minute long - Humax technical say they are aware and 'working on it'.

With a bit of luck Humax may be forced to push out a firmware update.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 11:40:28 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

It's curious this seems to mostly be C4 - I was looking at the CRID protocol wondering if perhaps C4 use a slightly different version or something has changed?

Can one simply find all the CRIDs for every channel online? There must be a standard way to get this that TVs all use after scanning for channels or whatever. I'm a software developer so it would be interesting to know how it works

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 11:56:07 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Misterhumax - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's curious this seems to mostly be C4 - I was looking at the CRID protocol wondering if perhaps C4 use a slightly different version or something has changed?
    Can one simply find all the CRIDs for every channel online?

Some receivers/recorders can display the series and programme CRIDs for programmes that are in its epg. E.g. see the instructions for accessing the Display CRID option for some Humax models at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Hidden_Settings_Menu

Misterhumax - 1 hour ago  » 
    There must be a standard way to get this that TVs all use after scanning for channels or whatever. I'm a software developer so it would be interesting to know how it works

Do an internet search for "D-Book 7 part A WikiLeaks". It is from 2011 but contains some detail, and also contains references to various standards for other detail.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 13:30:25 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I think (perhaps?) that MH is wondering if there is any online source of current crids (as applied to each episode) to compare with the crid that the Humax fetches/displays/uses to see if there is any corruption to the information being inserted somewhere.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 14:03:41 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Pretty much - I was (perhaps naively) thinking there might be some sort of central place all this is found. Every TV/recorder knows how to find channels and then knows how to find the CRIDs (basically URLs it seems) and that can't be magic. But it might be something you have to obtain access for - like if I wanted to make my own DVR would I have to license this from someone or is there some central database/website out there?

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 14:16:15 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 
    I think (perhaps?) that MH is wondering if there is any online source of current crids (as applied to each episode) to compare with the crid that the Humax fetches/displays/uses to see if there is any corruption to the information being inserted somewhere.

So do I.

Which is why I supplied the info to access the relevant accessible documents which would not only answer the question but also give insight.

Misterhumax - 7 hours ago  » 
    if I wanted to make my own DVR would I have to license this from someone ...?

Yes for the HD channels, no for the others.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 21:08:36 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Wikileaks just seems a slightly odd place to be directed. I was meaning if there was a central database maintained by some official body. Is this technically private data somebody published?

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 22:57:40 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Misterhumax - 24 mins ago  » 
    Wikileaks just seems a slightly odd place to be directed. I was meaning if there was a central database maintained by some official body. Is this technically private data somebody published?

If you do not want to download and read that version of the document for an explanation then you could go through the process of accessing a more recent version via
    https://dtg.org.uk/the-d-book/

Or another alternative is to gain a role in a company that will enable access for you.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 23:24:53 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.