My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fragmented picture/lack of signal

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgtr

Bought Aura 2 months ago to replace 9yr old Fox T2. TV is Sony Bravia. I get occasional picture breakup on all channels. Higher channels like Yesterday get signal too weak. I have done Manual tune with instructions from Humax for my transmitter.
    Fox T2 still perfect all channels using same aerial and TV. All connections HDMI. I have set HDMI resolution 1080p 60HZ. Why is the Aura worse than a Fox T2 ?

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 14:04:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Yes Im in same boat been waiting for Xmas to pass before asking Humax to exchange for one that works. Lots of threads on forum about poor Aura tuners.

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 14:25:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgtr

I've chatted with Humax. The reason for poor signal that Aura can't cope with is that it has more tuners(3) to share the incoming signal with. Fox T2 only 2 tuners to share signal and so is better off. Does this sound reasonable ?

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 16:36:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

mgtr - 8 mins ago  » 
    I've chatted with Humax. The reason for poor signal that Aura can't cope with is that it has more tuners(3) to share the incoming signal with. Fox T2 only 2 tuners to share signal and so is better off. Does this sound reasonable ?

The AURA has the same number of tuners as the FVP4000/5000 which came after the HDR Fox T2, but there does seem to be an issue with some AURA units.

Luckily mine has been great and I have not experienced any kind of picture/signal issue. Some people have returned theirs and the replacement has been fine.

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 16:47:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Yes the 5000 works fine with 3 tuners .There talking a lot of nonsense I'm afraid i.e. admitting we made a box with 3 tuners so don't expect it to work correctly. Just delaying tactics I'm afraid . I'm afraid help desks these days are anything but.
    Mind you I did contact a shower help desk about a design fault in a shower cover button which breaks over time. No argument he put one in the post to me immediately!

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 17:09:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Well Humax responded quickly to my enquires mails whizzing back and forth today as they had me do a manual tune etc and give signal/ quality figures ,so no hanging about waiting for a reply.
    Finally it was decided a replacement would be sent , and another Humax dept will contact me.
    So if you have a problem e mail seems the way to go.

| Wed 12 Jan 2022 21:53:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

>I've chatted with Humax. The reason for poor signal that Aura can't
    > cope with is that it has more tuners(3) to share the incoming
    > signal with. Fox T2 only 2 tuners to share signal and so is better off.
    >Does this sound reasonable ?

NASA have just launched a telescope to view the furthest reaches of the universe. Humax are saying that its not possible to amplify the aerial signal of the AURA so that it can be shared between 3 tuners. So NO it does not sound reasonable at all.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 14:23:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It seems as though the Aura was rushed to be launched as opposed to getting the product right and fit for purpose and I have 2 of them!

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 15:20:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgtr

Thanks for all replies. I'm reluctant to try and swap the hardware, as I've 2 months of recordings on the disk by now. Currently using an aerial booster, and main channels now perfect to view, except for Drama downwards. I have a very local 'lite' transmitter. So my aerial is pointing to a distant one Stockland Hill with all channels.
    My plan is to get local TV shop/engineers to try and get the best out of it - better aerial, check/new cabling, using their instruments, whatever it takes.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 16:14:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

Before you launch into a large amount of expenditure (which is what Humax suggested to me) - look for the second post in the thread "Aura Signal Problems". In the second message of this thread is a test procedure which I think is attributed to user havenview (appologies if not).

In this test he describes how to make SD channels go right and then wrong reproducibly.

Try it and see if this is the problem you are experiencing (i.e. a bug in the Aura software)

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 17:17:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.