My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000 x 2 - buffering

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CarolO

I have 2 FVP5000 Humax recorders. I wanted to be able to watch my recordings on another TV in another room, couldn't do this so I purchased another FVP5000. I can network the two units but when I play a recording from room 1 to room 2 the trailer for the programme starts ok (after about a 2 minute wait) and then as soon as the actual programme starts playing it buffers. I have managed once to watch a recording without buffering so I know it is capable. Is it the speed of my internet or is it low signal I am not sure which one it could be. If it is low signal I could perhaps buy a booster but don't want to waste my money. Also when I view my recorded programmes from room 1 to room 2 it only shows 16 recordings; I have 300 recordings. Again it managed to see them all on one occasion so I know it is possible. Perhaps again the internet is slow or signal is at a low ebb.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 7:35:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Please could you tell us how each of the FVPs is connected to the router?

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 10:03:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin: While you are thinking about this, could it be associated with the encryption of HD recordings, preventing a different 5000T from playing them?

Just a vague thought, not an expert opinion!

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 10:39:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Martin: While you are thinking about this, could it be associated with the encryption of HD recordings, preventing a different 5000T from playing them?

It is a good thought. When I tested between an HDR-FOX T2 and an FVP-5000T; the HDR_FOX T2 wouldn't play HD content from the FVP-5000T. Maybe somebody with two FVPs can confirm whether or not it is possible to play HD content from another FVP via DLNA. If it isn't then it might very well explain the OP's comment that only 16 of 300 recordings were shown.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 17:00:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I'm fairly confident that it's been reported here that it's possible to view/play all recorded content between two 5000t's.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 17:04:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

SSThing - 14 mins ago  » 
    I'm fairly confident that it's been reported here that it's possible to view/play all recorded content between two 5000t's.

You may well be right but, having seen various comments about the encryption, I thought it was worthwhile raising it here, but the real explanation could well be something completely different.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 17:21:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

CarolO

Thank you for responding. Both Humax units are connected via wifi. The booklet does confirm that I would be able to network them and be able to view recordings. Humax one is at the front of my property; Humax two is at the back and the Netgear (Plusnet) router is at the back of the property. I am on one level so there is no 'upstairs'. As I mentioned I can view a recording from Humax one on Humax two and vice versa but continual buffering prevents me watching for more than 1 minute into the recorded program. The recordings are compatible with each other. Thank you.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 19:16:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CarolO - 1 hour ago  » 
    Both Humax units are connected via wifi. The booklet does confirm that I would be able to network them and be able to view recordings. Humax one is at the front of my property; Humax two is at the back and the Netgear (Plusnet) router is at the back of the property.

What is the WiFi signal strength like where the each of the FVP's are located? I am guessing that the strength may be lower at the front of the property.

| Thu 3 Jun 2021 20:44:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

CarolO

The wifi signal in front room is 2 out of 4 bars; the signal in the back room is 3 out of 4 bars.

| Fri 4 Jun 2021 7:32:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.