My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mkiely

FenderBender

Hello REFFUB and REPASSAC. This has absolutely nothing to do with cable connection, or poor lnb connection etc. My two cables are connected solidly, with 100% signal strength and quality for both tuners.

The problem is well documented , and many users have outlined their story in the forum. In summary, the HDD is no longer recognised in the HDR1000S, so all recordings are gone, (or invisible for now???). Users can no longer pause, rewind, record, etc etc. So, in effect we are left with a single tuner box (fine if thats what you paid for) instead of a 1TB twin tuner (these are expensive, but worth it if they perform as they are supposed to).

Humax are well aware of the issue. There are documented responses from a Humax Customer Care rep called Bevan, he is well quoted.

Humax are aware of this issue , but they are dragging their heels in providing a resolution. They just want us to go away quietly, maybe even purchase a new Humax unit......

Does anyone have any ideas how we can get some satisfaction out of all of this?

What makes this doubly annoying is the fact that Humax are still getting rave reviews. Well, I for one would never ever purchase Humax again, do others fell the same??

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 19:19:22 #351 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

Unfortunately replacing the hard drive makes no difference, I have tried that as may others have, although the Humax box isn't seeing the hard drive when the drive is connected to a pc it shows all the recordings are still there.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 22:37:24 #352 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Pollensa1946 - 1 day ago  » 
    Here in this forum we were told that Humax were actively investigating, with a number of boxes returned to Korea for analysis. albeit they were reported as working on arrival there. A fix was outlooked for end-May.
    What is the Humax position now? Are they taking a position of out of warranty fails? Are they still pursuing an understanding of the fail?
    I have no direct interest in this since my 4 year-old box is fortunately working, but should it fail I am keenly interested as the question... do I repair with a new disk or do I even consider a buy of another Humax box ...then arises.
    Any update Barry?

I recently asked for an update on this problem, however the news is much the same, not surprising as debugging the problem is proving to be difficult.

Investigations continue, the issue is certainly not being ignored and is a top priority for Humax.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 7:38:11 #353 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Likely story?let's be honest here,if humax were making money from the solution ,the problem would be fixed months ago,these excuses don't hold up anymore,if apple,samsung,or any major body had a problem like humax has,would have been fixed pronto,,,humax are just making fools of lol who paid good money for a failed product

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 8:39:50 #354 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

Although I've just about run out of idea's what to do to get the box to see the internal hard drive I did try connecting first a usb stick and then a usb hard drive and the box did see them both and were present in Storage, I did also do 3 Factory Default resets, each time making no difference to the internal hard drive but what I did notice that the hard drive was powered up as I could hear it and I also noticed that when the box was in standby the hard drive was still running and wondered if this is normal?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:38:15 #355 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

I just took a look at what software and loader I have which is:
    UKSFAA 3.00.31 and UKSFAA 1.08 and the last update was March 2016, I know there is a newer version out but when I check for an update it says I have the latest version, my manual settings are: Frequency: 11426, Polarization: Horizontal, Symbol Rate: 27500, Transmission: DVB, Fec: 2/3, anyone know why it is not updating?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 17:52:59 #356 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

ChrisLux - 3 minutes ago  » ...anyone know why it is not updating?

Phased rollout, mine has not updated either, it will in time.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 17:57:32 #357 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simon 1402

Does the update make any difference?

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 10:02:47 #358 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rsan84

OK so I have unplugged all the cables and power for 4 weeks.

Plugged back in and NO CHANGE.

Perhaps Humax would like my box to debug???

PLEASE.

I've unplugged it again. It is useless.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 14:54:55 #359 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

This solution may help. If your unit is within warranty do not follow my instructions. Return machine to your Retailer under Sales of Goods act for either refund or replacement. This solution worked for me & problem has NOT returned since! I can't gurantee it will work for everyone, but worth a try? I too had the same problem some time back & it was very frustrating, no recordings showing & after several attempts of turning machine on off reappeared. I think it was approx. a year ago when I tried my method. My unit is out of warranty so I took the back off the Humax. The screws are located under the rubber feet. First of all unplug & disconnect the Humax from Electricity. Locate & disconnect the Hard Drive. Then remove the Hard drive from unit. Then very carefully using a torx screw driver, remove teh SATA circuit board from the hard drive. Carefully using surgical cleaning solution (obtained from Chemists) clean the contacts & the circuit tracks several times. The contacts get oxided over time. A bad defect in hardware design. Maybe even new units may encounter problem in warehouse storage? Also clean the contacts Carefully on hard drive unit. Then refit SATA circuit unit to hard drive & refit care etc. If by magic . . . problem should have vanished! Please let me know how you get on. It worked for me. I may have been able to help someone out there in Humax Freesatland. Humax, please improve your qulity control + also sort the software bugs! Lovely investment in teh newer logo. I wonder how much that cost. Must have been several management meetings to decide on logo design? . . .

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 17:33:22 #360 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.