My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Fenbear - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Likewise as REPASSAC - gazzasbeer please send the link to 'Thanks for the advice all. I had the same problem as zoot. Used the Android app, and all my recordings are back, brilliant'.

I think post #104 on page 11 of this thread.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 8:46:36 #381 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

I had already unpaired my HDR1000S when I read that the Freesat app may be the cause of this problem, didn't get any option to format my drive then so as I have nothing to lose I paired the box again and then unpaired it and again it did not ask me to format the hard drive, there doesn't seem to be any consistency with this problem except that they make great paperweights.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 18:56:24 #383 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ChrisLux - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had already unpaired my HDR1000S when I read that the Freesat app may be the cause of this problem, didn't get any option to format my drive then so as I have nothing to lose I paired the box again and then unpaired it and again it did not ask me to format the hard drive, there doesn't seem to be any consistency with this problem except that they make great paperweights.

There are several posts but not many that have never paired the freesat app that have the problem. Just a long shot but could you try pairing again, putting in standby, leaving 90 mins and then unpairing.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 20:50:14 #384 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

I noticed this morning that my box had updated with the latest software (Freesat logo has changed) as expected it made no difference when checking storage which still said no hard drive present, I then paired the box and left it on standby for 90mins and then unpaired it, I unpaired it from the Freesat web site as I didn't see an option on the box to unpair it, anyway it didn't ask to format the drive, I not sure why it would ask that as you would obviously lose all recorded programmes, so no change with the box but keep any idea's coming maybe we can reverse whatever has happened.

| Mon 8 Aug 2016 13:38:01 #385 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I did think there was an option on the unit in settings (bottom right). I don't have moine paired so I see 'Freesat ID'.

I think you may have to wait until after your unit checks in again with the freesat server.

Good Luck.

| Mon 8 Aug 2016 15:46:37 #386 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rsan84

I have given up.

All efforts to talk to Humax have proven fruitless. I now don't believe a single thing they say. "All boxes returned for debugging have worked OK on arrival". Well have my pile of crap guys. It's been unplugged for 2 months and it is STILL FAULTY.

Today I have bought a recon Sky Plus HD box (with a 5 year warranty). OK so I need a viewing card, but it's a small one off investment. I want a working system and as long as Humax continue to treat customers like an inconvenience, they will get nothing more from me.

I wish you all the very best of luck and hope that the solution is available soon (but please don't hold your breath).

Regards to you all.

Never ever buy a Humax product.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 13:21:54 #387 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

oap29

I've had the HDD fault for a very long time, may have found a work round it works on my freesat box and as worked for a month or so and still working.
    Disconnect the Internet.
    Go to settings, system setting, power saving and turn on auto power down if not already on and then back to a channel.
    Then let the box turn off by itself it take about four hours or so, after switching back on I found the HDD and recording all back.
    Hope it works for you.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 14:02:47 #388 |
  9. cicobuff

cicobuff

I have myself had this HDD fault with my own HDR1000S 1TB for roughly the past 6 weeks. Miraculously last night it fixed itself, and just for the record the software version is still the recently updated 3.00.44 and I have been suffering the problem since before that update as well as the past couple of weeks after.

I unpaired the Freesat app around a week ago, have tried previously leaving the box off for a good while, have tried loading older firmware even to no avail.

I was on my PS4 last night playing online when I had a server outage, turned out to be my Virgin Media broadband having a temporary outage. In the interim I thought I would power on my Humax Box and watch some more of the olympic athletics, to my amazement my recording had reappeared.

Now it could just be coincidence that I noticed whilst having a wi-fi outage (I connect to the internet with my box via a Edimax USB dongle) or it could just be as oap29 has said in the previous post disconnecting your internet connection whether it be ethernet or wi-fi dongle could do the trick.

So my advice unpair freesat app on the box. Disable the internet connection and reboot the box.

A day later and with my box connected back to my router and all is working fine with my recordings still present.

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 0:20:40 #389 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

I've finally finished reading all the posts! My machine went down on Wednesday and I already did some of the suggestions but not got anywhere.The HDD states 0.0GB available and when I try to format or do a clean up I get the banner stating "Sorry, your disk is not formatted blah, blah, blah.

Luckily??? I still have 3 months before the 2 year warranty expires and so I just phoned Humax. Spoke to someone called Lauren who sent me a warranty form which I promptly sent back with a copy of the receipt.

She said that they will send me next model up which I think is the HDR-1100. There are 2 models 500GB and 1TB. I wonder which they will send me?
    I gave them a delivery date of Tuesday 23rd.

I will advise you when it arrives and plugged in.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 10:39:29 #390 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.