My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Hardrive failure

(42 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does not sound good. Try placing the unit in standby and then disconnect the power supply for a few minutes. Follow this by a reset to default and see if disk seen again.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:34:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimboWatson

[quote]
    Tried this many times REPASAC. without success

if it is a failed controller as you mentioned before, this is crap for a machine to have this kind of fault after 18 months.

According to Humax, i did not register for my 2 year warranty after purchase. (i would have done this as its a no brainer!) so its going to have to go in the bin.

in 2 minds weather i should buy another Humax....

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:42:20 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is not a common problem but I have seen 2 or 3 other reports of the same problem. Perhaps a batch of controllers failing to conform to the quality standards In my day this was about 5 parts per million.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:56:48 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimboWatson

Bugger.

it always happens to me with technology!

wouldn't be a problem if I was still with Sky.

all the money I have saved in Sky subscriptions are now going to have to be funnelled into a new machine!

I dont suppose these things are repairable or able to get a new motherboad?

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:59:30 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimboWatson

Bugger.

it always happens to me with technology!

wouldn't be a problem if I was still with Sky.

all the money I have saved in Sky subscriptions are now going to have to be funnelled into a new machine!

I dont suppose these things are repairable or able to get a new motherboard?

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 13:00:18 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You could ask Humax for a new board quote - I expect they would ask for almost the same as: http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/refurbished/hdr-1000s-500gb-dd125d.html (1 yesr warrenty)
    You could then popin the drive you have.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 14:17:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JungleMartin

jimboWatson, can I suggest you have a read of my thread. My fault, which for a long time looked like a hard drive problem, in the end turned out to be a bad power supply.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/starting-keeps-recycling-wont-boot-up/page/6?replies=32#post-37788

Where did you buy the Humax from? Have you spoken to them? Have they said you must deal with Humax directly? Some retailers provide warranty themselves as opposed to requiring you to go to the manufacturer for warranty support (and yes I'm talking about original warranty periods, not extended warranties).

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 19:52:44 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

I thought these boxes come with a 2 year warranty, I have some drives here that may help if you want them, I have.... scratch that one was a 160GB drive out of my old 9200T and that is IDE, i do have a 500GB seagate pipeline drive ST3500312CS (firmware SC13) i was gonna bung on ebay but i'll send to you if you cover my postage costs, or failing that i can send you my Seagate ST3500312CS 500GB (Firmware SC41) which has never even been used because as soon as i got my HDR i threw in a new WD 2TB, I'm happy to send that to you to test and return back to me, all i ask is cover my costs, pack it well and send it back rec del, I won't be able to post until Monday if it's any use to you but at least you know it's come out of a HDR 1000

All1

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 0:15:06 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimboWatson

REPASSAC - 17 hours ago  » 
    You could ask Humax for a new board quote - I expect they would ask for almost the same as: http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/refurbished/hdr-1000s-500gb-dd125d.html (1 yesr warrenty)
    You could then popin the drive you have.

yeah, i looked at the refurb option. its nearly the same price as new. now that this one is old stock and they now have the white one with built in wifi. i opted for that.

i thried the power supply as you suggested but still wouldnt recognise any drives.

thanks anyway

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 7:30:55 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimboWatson

Alloneword - 7 hours ago  » 
    I thought these boxes come with a 2 year warranty, I have some drives here that may help if you want them, I have.... scratch that one was a 160GB drive out of my old 9200T and that is IDE, i do have a 500GB seagate pipeline drive ST3500312CS (firmware SC13) i was gonna bung on ebay but i'll send to you if you cover my postage costs, or failing that i can send you my Seagate ST3500312CS 500GB (Firmware SC41) which has never even been used because as soon as i got my HDR i threw in a new WD 2TB, I'm happy to send that to you to test and return back to me, all i ask is cover my costs, pack it well and send it back rec del, I won't be able to post until Monday if it's any use to you but at least you know it's come out of a HDR 1000
    All1

i must say that i am quite chuffed that you would go to all that trouble for a stranger. and i thank you for the very kind offer.

I wouldnt want to risk you sending it by post as its so fragile.

i have now spent 2 weeks on tis without a resolve.

no matter what drive i try, no matter how i format / wipe / prepare the drives. the box simply wont recognise the drives. Humax tech support has been as helpful as a chocolate teapot. even giving me the wrong "tech support" information as what I should do (format a drive under FAT32!)

they wouldnt win any charisma competitions either!

in the end, i have reluctantly opted for a new box. the white one with 1TB drive and built in wifi.

some people would ask why i bought a Humax after the trouble i have had with the old one?

simple, i paid £80 to purchase 2 original remotes to use around the house in every room that has a tv.

so I now have 4 remotes!

I thank you all for your kind help and suggestions. i need to go lay down in a dark room as the wife is now enjoying 600 episodes of corrie!!!

I thank you and goodnight......

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 7:38:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.