My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I haven't had any further issues with mine rebooting for quite some time now. However, what I am going to relate now may be nothing more than sheer coincidence but thought I would mention it.

My BT HH has a habit of suddenly going off line for no apparent reason. The hub lights turn green, then sometimes amber followed by red. This lasts not but a couple of minutes at the most before normal service is resumed.

The last twice that the 1000s reset itself was at the same time the HH went offline. I know because I was checking the logs on the HH. Whether other reboots of the 1000s coincided with a HH reboot I couldn't say as I didn't pay attention to the times and dates.

As I say, it may be nothing but it is an odd coincidence.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 11:44:44 #231 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Thanks

Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I use a BT SmartHub as well.

This does seem to lose its connection occasionally, but it didn't do that last night when the Freesat box shutdown.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 11:48:55 #232 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Nighthawk4 - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks
    Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I use a BT SmartHub as well.
    This does seem to lose its connection occasionally, but it didn't do that last night when the Freesat box shutdown.

Have you checked the logs for any address change? Some times the drop outs are very brief.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 12:03:24 #233 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

I am pretty sure I was on the Internet at the time, although I may have been playing Minecraft on the PS4. However, that usually pops up a message saying the online version is unavailable when the connection drops briefly.

Good idea though. Thanks.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 12:05:57 #234 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Don't know if anyone saw this weeks Watchdog? Big feature on the problems Sky appear to be having with their new Sky Q system. Lot's of reboots and problems accessing anything according to disgruntled users, with boot times reportedly taking between 20 and 40 minutes. Makes Freesat reboot issue look small beer by comparison.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 0:07:57 #235 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Mine restarted again last night, while I was watching a recording.
    I waited without touching the remote and it did restart.

Oddly enough, the Router also restarted last night but not at the same time. In fact the Router restarted about half an hour after the Humax box. Coincidence I suppose.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 12:07:27 #236 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Faust - 12 hours ago  » 
    Don't know if anyone saw this weeks Watchdog? Big feature on the problems Sky appear to be having with their new Sky Q system. Lot's of reboots and problems accessing anything according to disgruntled users, with boot times reportedly taking between 20 and 40 minutes. Makes Freesat reboot issue look small beer by comparison.

I blame Idris Elba

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 12:10:24 #237 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TechStig

Just wanted to log another reboot. 11:37(ish) this morning. No sign of router having a problem. I was watching a recording rather than a live show. Anyone else just had a reboot?

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 12:41:13 #238 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TechStig - 1 minute ago  » 
    Just wanted to log another reboot. 11:37(ish) this morning. No sign of router having a problem. I was watching a recording rather than a live show. Anyone else just had a reboot?

No issue with my box, watching BBC1 HD live at that time.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 12:43:03 #239 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TechStig

Hi Graham,

That's kind of interesting. My box was tuned to BBC1 HD even though I was watching a recording. I'm in North Shropshire. If you don't mind me asking, what region are you in? Feel free not to answer if you'd rather not!

Cheers
    Simon

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 13:28:15 #240 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.