My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TechStig - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    That's kind of interesting. My box was tuned to BBC1 HD even though I was watching a recording. I'm in North Shropshire. If you don't mind me asking, what region are you in? Feel free not to answer if you'd rather not!
    Cheers
    Simon

West Midlands. Sutton Coldfield terrestrial area. TBH I don't think we have ever identified simultanous problems. They all seem to be rather random, and some get a lot more problems than others.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 13:50:18 #241 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TechStig

I'm now far from convinced it's a fressat problem. It did seem to start after the firmware update earlier this year - but I'm not sure how a firmware issue would turn out to be so random. I notice that psu issues and even dodgy capacitors have been mooted as reasons for problems with the FVP 4000T - as well as firmware.

Something glitching in the power supply/power control circuitry would not greatly surprise me. PSU's are sometimes to blame for PC problems and have caused me problems with an AV unit due to overheating of the psu.

Does anyone else think that the problem could lie in that direction?

Simon

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 15:31:44 #242 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Freesat admitted the issue was their end when the reboots were happening to most boxes many times a day. No reason to suppose it's not a hangover from the original issue. The Power Supply for the G2 boxes is largely external so not much inside to overheat anyway. Seen my reboot in a relatively cold room (19C) and also seems to be totally unrelated to cpu and hard disk activity.

If the box was going to overheat it would be when stressed, eg recording two HD channels and watching a recording, or recording 3 HD channels (one to the time shift buffer).

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 16:12:57 #243 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TechStig

Fair enough. I'm no techie. We're in their hands then. Who knows, maybe Santa will bring us a fix before too long! Have a boot free and enjoyable Christmas.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 16:35:57 #244 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrclonkey

Nighthawk4 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Mine restarted again last night, while I was watching a recording.
    I waited without touching the remote and it did restart.
    Oddly enough, the Router also restarted last night but not at the same time. In fact the Router restarted about half an hour after the Humax box. Coincidence I suppose.

My 1000S is rebooting at least twice per day now causing any in-progress recordings to fail and each time I lose the relatively new UKTV channels (Really, UK Drama, Yesterday); the only way to get them back is to do a channel retune which deletes any scheduled recordings. I called Humax yesterday and the bloke told me that a fix is due in January 2017 - anyone else heard this who can confirm? Final whinge - for goodness' sake Freesat, updates on on your website this are way out of date - it's still talking about software version 2.x and my box is on 3.00.44!!! Don't you care at all about your consumers?

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 17:23:15 #245 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Still rebooting once per day most days.

Does not seem to make any difference how the system is being used at the time. Lost a couple of recordings due to this.

I am pretty sure it is not due to power-saving settings.

I tried restarting the complete system, but that has not made any difference so far.

On one occasion it came back and the EPG was blank. It had the channels, but with no programmes listed. I restarted the system and that came back. Otherwise, it has always come back correctly, but any recordings that were running are truncated and do not resume.

I checked the system update and it reported nothing available.

| Fri 30 Dec 2016 10:49:10 #246 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Nighthawk4 - 11 minutes ago  » ...On one occasion it came back and the EPG was blank. It had the channels, but with no programmes listed...any recordings that were running are truncated...

I have not knowingly experienced any reboots but interestingly the other morning the box was booted up from s/by and the EPG was blank like yours, and remained that way until I completely pulled the power and restarted. Also my wife complained of a truncated recording and several others marked as "Failed!".

Several posters are reporting Humax have a s/w update in the pipeline. Can you confirm that Barry?

| Fri 30 Dec 2016 11:05:46 #247 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Your box is restarting overnight.

The only way I could get the EPG back was to power off and on again.

Hope they do come up with a fix soon. the Freesat box is much better than Sky - not to mention much cheaper to run - but these reboots are getting annoying. I lost the Dr Who Special (which might have been recorded from the repeat last night) and Chicken Run yesterday - with both recordings truncated. Minor issues but still a bit tedious.

Still, I was having to restart my Sky box every couple of days and re-index the recordings every week or so. So the Freesat is still an improvement

| Fri 30 Dec 2016 11:26:56 #248 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Several posters are reporting Humax have a s/w update in the pipeline. Can you confirm that Barry?

Yes they have, no idea of the date yet.

| Fri 30 Dec 2016 12:13:15 #249 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

Does the update install automatically please?

| Fri 30 Dec 2016 12:29:24 #250 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.