HDR-1100S Sound Missing on Some Channels

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 27 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 23 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 44 minutes ago  » 
    Seems you aren't interested in how it all works.

I know how it works, but feel free to share you're vast knowledge by directly typing it into the reply box below. Or better still quote one of the OP's posts and inform him that he is incorrect in his assumptions of what caused his volume problem and what fixed it.

Simple question, if you know how it works why didn't YOU post the information. I was pointing out that the 1100S is no different to the other boxes.

But they are different, the 1000s has a annoying scrolling display, I think the 1100s possibly has some sort of programming to light up a rudimentary LED colour code. (Explain that in greater detail if you so wish)

I was referring to the HD and SD channel sound difference, yes I know the difference, there wasn't any need to explain that to the OP as his box audio was set to 'Stereo' (see the first post). And I'm not a 1100s owner so I was sceptical of the volume control being different but I wasn't about to tell the OP he was incorrect and it seems neither were you !

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 19:25:00 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Pollensa1946 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    The root of this Graham is you "quoted" the wrong poster.

I think Graham just choices to quote at random if it gives him an excuse for one of his trademark posts.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 19:34:17 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

That's arguable, on reflection I should have explained to the OP how the audio setup on all Humax modern pvrs work (including the freeview HD ones) and seperately responded to the very unhelpful post to a clearly new and slightly confused owner, especially as he professes to completely understand the issue. I have to ask again if he knew why did he not explain to the OP ?

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 20:48:55 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 27 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 23 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 44 minutes ago  » 
    Seems you aren't interested in how it all works.

I know how it works, but feel free to share you're vast knowledge by directly typing it into the reply box below. Or better still quote one of the OP's posts and inform him that he is incorrect in his assumptions of what caused his volume problem and what fixed it.

Simple question, if you know how it works why didn't YOU post the information. I was pointing out that the 1100S is no different to the other boxes.

But they are different, the 1000s has a annoying scrolling display, I think the 1100s possibly has some sort of programming to light up a rudimentary LED colour code. (Explain that in greater detail if you so wish)
    I was referring to the HD and SD channel sound difference, yes I know the difference, there wasn't any need to explain that to the OP as his box audio was set to 'Stereo' (see the first post). And I'm not a 1100s owner so I was sceptical of the volume control being different but I wasn't about to tell the OP he was incorrect and it seems neither were you !

They are minor hardware differences, the software is the same as is the user interface. Clearly the standard software knows which box it is installed on and runs different code subroutines to cater for the lack of a display and a scart output on the newer box. The fact is that the software and menus and the user interface is identical.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 20:54:03 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

That's arguable, on reflection I should have explained to the OP how the audio setup on all Humax modern pvrs work (including the freeview HD ones) and seperately responded to the very unhelpful post to a clearly new and slightly confused owner, especially as he professes to completely understand the issue. I have to ask again if he knew why did he not explain to the OP ?

From reading Ian's post #9 I personally didn't think that he sounded confused and as he had solved his issue, there wasn't any need to be helpful. Pollensa questioned the software/UI difference and his 'fix' etc which was fair enough.

If anyone seemed confused I'd say it was you Graham, quoting my one short sentence (@#10) and going on about HD/SD channel volume levels and programmable remotes.
    And you obviously missed the fact that the OP stated they had made sure the box audio was set to stereo in his very first post which should answer your last question above.

To save you any further confusion I've had HUMAX Freesat PVR since late 2008, I bought a 1000s when the were launched too, both have upgrade HDD's. Universal Octo lnb on standard dish installed by myself, 100% quality and strength on pretty much all the channels available. Both boxes have audio set to multichannel and linked to my AV receiver by optical, I could have the 1000s linked by HDMI but then I'd have to enable pass through and leave it in standby wasting power if just using the TV speakers. The TV also has a Freesat tuner and that is also linked to my amp by optical cable as I've found ARC and the Amps HDMI control rather hit and miss. All this and my other AV kit is controlled by a programmed Harmony One, everything turns on or off switches AV/audio and mutes or un-mutes when necessary depending on what I'm watching. I also like my films and LFE so I have a solid oak twin 15" subwoofer powered by a 6000 watt peak amplifier with DSP control. (The DSP is manually set to the room using a high quality microphone and a computer program)
    If I need your extensive AV or NG knowledge in the future I will of course ask for it and I look forward to reading all your replies to unhelpful posts in the future.

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 10:39:10 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonty51

I have just upgraded to a HDR 1100S. Everything is fine EXCEPT, sound levels.

I have noticed that in the TV programme list It runs, BBC1 BBC2 HD ITV3 CH4 CH5 HD. when you change from say BBC1 down to BBC2 HD, the sound on the latter is deafening, as it is also on the CH5 HD.

My question is, can I delete BBC2 HD and CH5 HD then replace them with the standard channels. I can't work out how to do it!

I look forward to your advice.

Jonty51

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 21:37:31 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You don't need to. Just change the digital audio out in the Humax TV setup menu to stereo. Turn down the TV volume, turn up the box volume using it's remote to near max, turn up the TV volume to a level approx the same as the TV tuner gives you. In future use TV volume to control levels. Now when you switch from HD to SD the volume should be pretty well the same.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 21:51:14 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.