My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

How can I trust my 5000T?

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Until I reprogrammed Poldark for next Sunday from the EPG, it had disappeared completely from the schedule. I don't know at what point that happened, but by 2200 last night there was no sign of it. I should add that this was on SD, not HD, as I have BBC1 HD deleted from the box to stop the Watch in HD problem.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 10:22:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am not rejecting the advice, it is just that I have already checked that all is in order as far as signal is concerned. The box is tuned to all the correct channels for my only transmitter as confirmed by the DUK checker.
    This failure was nothing to do with a signal problem as there is none, it was something else.

There has been a lot of issues on the Crystal Palace transmitter since the March retune e.g. a lot of viewers can no longer get channels on COM7 & 8 as they are on a group A aerial which is no good for those frequencies.

There's currently issues surrounding the weather i.e. High Pressure inversion. Youview has actually put a message out about this on their website.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 11:57:00 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes, I am well aware of the 7&8/Group A issue, and though affected by it as expected, we are not bothered about it as there is nothing there of any interest to us, not even the HD versions of channels.

As for CCI, there have been no signs of that here, signal quality has shown no deterioration, nor have there been any sign of pixelation.

It just seems to have been some sort of random glitch, but who knows why. There must be a reason, but I am pretty sure that it is not connected to the signal reception as I have checked everything on that score.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 12:18:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am not rejecting the advice, it is just that I have already checked that all is in order as far as signal is concerned.

You were not given advice to check that all is in order with the signal.

Read the posts carefully. You were given advice to delete all channels and do a manual tune of the correct multiplexes.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 12:25:51 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

JohnH77 - 2 minutes ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am not rejecting the advice, it is just that I have already checked that all is in order as far as signal is concerned.

Read the posts carefully. You were given advice to delete all channels and do a manual tune of the correct multiplexes.

Yes, I understand that, but what is that going to achieve when all channels, including BBC1SD, are already correctly tuned and are being received perfectly?

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 12:30:23 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes, I understand that, but what is that going to achieve when all channels, including BBC1SD, are already correctly tuned and are being received perfectly?

Have you checked all the multiplexes are using the correct UHF frequency for the transmitter you think you are using ?

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 15:03:33 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 18 minutes ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

Have you checked all the multiplexes are using the correct UHF frequency for the transmitter you think you are using ?

Yes Graham, very carefully. They are all correct, even with the offset from nominal frequency where appropriate.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 15:22:06 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 minutes ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes Graham, very carefully. They are all correct, even with the offset from nominal frequency where appropriate.

Then you are correct, no advantage in manual tuning. I haven't got Poldark set on my 5000T (If it was it would be from the HD channel). It recorded fine on BBC 1 HD on my Freesat box.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 15:32:24 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks Graham. I hope that it was a one-off, it may never happen again, but I will be very wary with the box for quite a while, especially after the other strange happenings that I have observed.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 17:24:34 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I hope that it was a one-off, it may never happen again, but I will be very wary with the box for quite a while, especially after the other strange happenings that I have observed.

Next Sundays episode should be in the recording schedule and flagged in the epg. Have you checked it's found the programme ? It's not totally unknown for a broadcaster to change the series crid mid series

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 17:40:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.