My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1100s lost satellite signal

(22 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DeltaMike - 41 secs ago  » 
    Thank you both. Satellite engineer booked for Thursday, will let you know what the problem was. The co. I use said they’ve had many call-outs on the past couple weeks because of the storms.
    I can see from the forum that others have had problems with the Humax 1100s, with one poster saying it eventually worked on the 9th attempt I think.

Have you a usb drive connected to your TV to pause live TV and to record with ?

| Mon 9 Mar 2020 15:30:01 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeltaMike

<<Have you a usb drive connected to your TV to pause live TV and to record with>>

No, that’s what I use the Humax box for.

| Mon 9 Mar 2020 15:32:10 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DeltaMike - 22 hours ago  » 
    Thank you both. Satellite engineer booked for Thursday, will let you know what the problem was. The co. I use said they’ve had many call-outs on the past couple weeks because of the storms.
    I can see from the forum that others have had problems with the Humax 1100s, with one poster saying it eventually worked on the 9th attempt I think.

As you have already proven that you can receive channels using all 4 of the possible variations, guessing that there may well be an issue with your Humax box.

Roll on Thursday

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 13:43:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeltaMike

Satellite guys managed to come today and it was the lnb and not the humax box. They tested the cables, said the problem was with the vertical, went outside and within a couple of minutes up popped a strong and good quality signal.
    Seems the weather is to blame.
    Thanks again for all the comments.

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 17:11:43 #14 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

That sounds like a load of bull poo on at least two counts. 'Vertical' and 'weather'. There is no 'vertical' cable.

However, as it's up and running now, who cares?

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 19:45:27 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DeltaMike - 3 hours ago  » 
    Satellite guys managed to come today and it was the lnb and not the humax box. They tested the cables, said the problem was with the vertical, went outside and within a couple of minutes up popped a strong and good quality signal.
    Seems the weather is to blame.
    Thanks again for all the comments.

As the home transponder is horizontal that's rubbish. The weather may have moved the dish slightly but you have already proved that you have vertical channel reception. How much were you charged ?

A fact they clearly did not know. Were they wearing spurs and a Stetson ?

Reckon they simply changed the lnb and cleaned up the lnb connections or more likely fitted new f connectors.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-QUAD-LNB-LMB-MK4-ADAPTOR-FOR-SKY-PLUS-FREESAT-UNIVERSAL-SATELLITE-3D-HDM/390546077480?epid=26031291477&hash=item5aee5c3728:g:xwUAAOxy7nNTTRCH

5 min job to change it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-QUAD-LNB-LMB-MK4-ADAPTOR-FOR-SKY-PLUS-FREESAT-UNIVERSAL-SATELLITE-3D-HDM/390546077480?epid=26031291477&hash=item5aee5c3728:g:xwUAAOxy7nNTTRCH

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 20:48:18 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A well known scam is to not properly weather proof the lnb connections, This will result in a issue just outside the warranty period. Result a another paid for so called service charge. You need to report these cowboys to the CAI assuming they are actually members.

So yes it's been wet recently. Had the dish been properly installed it would not be a issue. You have likely been scammed.

Did you use the same company to install the dish in the first place ?

If so how long ago ?

Are they listed as a CAI member.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/silicone.htm

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 22:18:24 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeltaMike

The company is a well-regarded local business, Moss of Bath.
    They installed the dish nearly 5 years ago. I’ve since had just one previous issue, a year ago, and that turned out to be with the Humax box - all it needed was a factory reset. I was irritated they sent an engineer rather than first suggesting to me over the phone I try a factory reset. Call-out charge would have been avoided. The engineer said freesat had made a tweak that had caused the problem.
    The problem is, last year the ‘no signal’ issue was a Humax one, this year it was the dish. It’s very difficult for the lay person not to be dependent on the engineer - and to not be ripped off in the process.

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 22:53:18 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DeltaMike - 1 min ago  » 
    The company is a well-regarded local business, Moss of Bath.
    They installed the dish nearly 5 years ago. I’ve since had just one previous issue, a year ago, and that turned out to be with the Humax box - all it needed was a factory reset. I was irritated they sent an engineer rather than first suggesting to me over the phone I try a factory reset. Call-out charge would have been avoided. The engineer said freesat had made a tweak that had caused the problem.
    The problem is, last year the ‘no signal’ issue was a Humax one, this year it was the dish. It’s very difficult for the lay person not to be dependent on the engineer - and to not be ripped off in the process.

Freesat have made no such tweak. Freesat is not a broadcaster, all they transmit is the epg data from a single transponder which is horizontally polarised.

Last year there was no such Freesat issue. If there was then viewers using Sky or any other platform would have the same issue.

Freesat boxes automatically update any required changes in the background.

Like Sky they do not have engineers. They use so called technicians trained to follow a set procedure without any actual understanding of what they are doing.

If I was you I would contact your local trading standards and reference this thread.

The last Freesat software update was during the run up to the London Olympics due to a bug that stopped recording of the red button data channels.

There has been no changes since them that could possibly have created your problem.

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 23:07:39 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeltaMike

There was a week in October 2018 when a number of people reported that their Humax 1100/1000 box had lost satellite reception - see post below.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/receiver-is-not-receiving-a-signal

| Tue 10 Mar 2020 23:29:01 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.