My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura "Settings"

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alfresco129

I need to perform a reset on my Humax Aura but I am unable to find the "Settings" button. The "Up" button does work nor the "Home" so where do I go from here?

| Mon 30 Oct 2023 11:01:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alfresco129 - 11 mins ago  » 
    I need to perform a reset on my Humax Aura but I am unable to find the "Settings" button. The "Up" button does work nor the "Home" so where do I go from here?

I don't have a "Home" button on my Aura remote? The way I access settings is press the red "F" button and then right arrow five times to settings symbol between "Recordings" and the power symbol.

| Mon 30 Oct 2023 11:23:27 #2 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

Martin Liddle - 18 mins ago  » 

I don't have a "Home" button on my Aura remote? The way I access settings is press the red "F" button and then right arrow five times to settings symbol between "Recordings" and the power symbol.

Martin, the home button is above the CH up/down buttons on the right hand side.

| Mon 30 Oct 2023 11:45:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

brian - 1 hour ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 18 mins ago  » 

Martin, the home button is above the CH up/down buttons on the right hand side.

Yes, with a symbol that looks like a house or a 'Home'.

| Mon 30 Oct 2023 13:17:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alfresco129

Let me start by telling you of my current TV setup. I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 which I purchased on the 8th February 2013 and still going strong coupled with a Samsung 32 inch T5300 of even older vintage, probably around Christmas 2011. I will add that my wife and I watch only basic TV as our Broadband speed averages some 7 megs which is not a lot of good while my Router is some ten metres away from the set-top box. As we live in a Cul-de-sac enquiries suggested that it would be "around 2025" before full-fibre connection could be installed and it would cost us some £3K as the estate management have prohibited the digging-up of the ornamental block-work!
    Owing to the age of this equipment I considered that a step-up to something more modern was required so therefore I purchased a Humax "Aura" Digital TV recorder along with a new 32 inch Samsung Smart TV.
    Now we come to the awkward part - when I set-up the Humax I wanted a basic system so inadvertently failed to load the Android TV, however Freeview loaded on it's own. I cannot find a way to install Android TV separately and as I now wish to re-install the system 'from scratch' I cannot find a way to access the following -
    "Android TV/Settings/General Settings/Device Preferences/Reset".
    I have been told that this command can be executed from the hand-held Controller by pressing the "Standby and i button for 5 seconds" bur this does not work for me!
    Can you please help me here?

Secondly, my wife uses Teletext on the BBC a lot but this seems not to be available on this Humax "Aura". Apparently we must blame the BBC for this. Now this is O.K. on our old Humax HDR-Fox T2 so now a technical question.
    If I make a Loop-through between the Aura and the new Samsung TV I am assuming that the Teletext will still be available. If this is so I could have two AV inputs into the TV (well three with our Blu-ray player). Would I need to set-up all three inputs in the TV "Settings"
    Message e-mailed to Humax Support

| Wed 1 Nov 2023 16:01:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

If you only have basic functionality of your remote you may have failed to pair it with the Aura enabling Bluetooth on the remote control.
    Press the Freeview button on your remote, click right to go to the Settings (cogwheel) on screen.
    Scroll down to Remotes & accessories and click on RM-C01. Then Pair, if it is already paired it will show unpair.

Android is the operating system that the Aura uses so it is not a case of installing or uninstalling, it is built in.
    When starting up the Aura from 'cold' after a long time do you not see the Android start up screen, four circular animated
    icons that eventually spell out the word Android, before going into the Humax boot screen.

In 2019 the BBC announced it was discontinuing the BBC text service (Teletext was ITV).
    TV and other device manufacturers then decided they would no longer install the decoding hardware necessary for the text service, therefore all TVs and devices from 2020 onwards no longer get the BBC text service.
    The BBC at the time of the pandemic and lockdown decided to continue the text service as a public service and due to public demand.

If you loop the aerial feed through the Aura and the HDR-Fox T2 or vice versa you will still be able to use the text service on the Fox when using the TV with the Fox.

Yes you need to set up each HDMI input or other in your TVs settings.

| Wed 1 Nov 2023 16:26:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

“ Message e-mailed to Humax Support”
    Don’t bother with them they don’t care

| Wed 1 Nov 2023 21:07:08 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.