My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T ITV Hub Sign In Not Working

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simcom

Ok, out of desperation today I performed a Factory Default reset on the 5000T and hard wired it to the router via the Ethernet cable, but it still brings up the 'Whoops' screen when trying to login to the ITV Hub.
    That was the last straw, so the box has gone back to John Lewis who are going to send it back to Humax for a replacement.
    I'll report back when the new box arrives.

| Wed 5 Dec 2018 14:13:30 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simcom

Another update:

John Lewis contacted Humax and were told ITV Hub are still supposed to be working on a patch for this problem.
    However, as the issue has gone on for so long John Lewis have agreed to give a full refund.

Excellent customer service from John Lewis as usual.

| Wed 5 Dec 2018 17:44:35 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBag

I have just bought an FVP-5000T and am having the same problem - I can't sign into the ITV Hub on the Humax even though I can on any other Smart device or the web site. I have sent a message to both Humax and ITV but no response. Is there any chance this will ever work or I will have to take it back to John Lewis.

Attachments

1. IMG_4474_(2).jpg (14.9 KB, 8 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 16 Dec 2018 18:08:43 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrb36

I have also just purchased a FVP-5000T and was having problems setting up the ITV hub, after a little googling I was brought to this forum. I was rather dismayed to see that I was having the same issue but fortunately I managed (perhaps by chance) to get it working. I had tried power cycling, switching between wifi and ethernet cable etc... but no joy. In the end this is what worked for me, I cleared cookies by slecting the i symbol in the top right whilst on the 'players' page, I then power cycled the unit and after start up went straight the ITV hub and this time it loaded and gave me the code to enter via itv.com. Maybe it was coincidental/chance but this worked for me might be a worth a try if your still having problems.

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 11:06:24 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

mrb36 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have also just purchased a FVP-5000T and was having problems setting up the ITV hub, after a little googling I was brought to this forum. I was rather dismayed to see that I was having the same issue but fortunately I managed (perhaps by chance) to get it working. I had tried power cycling, switching between wifi and ethernet cable etc... but no joy. In the end this is what worked for me, I cleared cookies by slecting the i symbol in the top right whilst on the 'players' page, I then power cycled the unit and after start up went straight the ITV hub and this time it loaded and gave me the code to enter via itv.com. Maybe it was coincidental/chance but this worked for me might be a worth a try if your still having problems.

As per posts 28-36
    The mistake a lot of people make is thinking that pressing "OK" when "delete cookies" is highlighted in blue will delete the cookies. This is not the case. You MUST press "+" and THEN delete the cookies.

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 13:07:36 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I had this issue after initial purchase of FVP5000T a few weeks ago. At some point I changed the video output to 720p (for other reasons) - after that the ITV hub sign in worked (using the code method via an iPhone). I have no idea why this should be and possibly coincidental. It would be interesting to see whether others with this problem might try this 'resolution'. All other suggested remedies (clear cookies, power off etc were unsuccessful).

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 14:46:10 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterNH

I am another new 5000T user unable to sign in to ITV hub. Tried clearing cookies, and changing to video 720p. No success. Otherwise very happy with new purchase, so will wait for a while.

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 18:18:56 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBag

The Cookie clearing solution above worked fine for me - made sure to press + and did a power recycle by pulling mains lead out. Went straight to ITV Hub and was presented with the code to log in using my iPad. Then the Human started working on the ITV Hub. Given that Humax and ITV are conspicuously silent, I'm surprised they haven't endorsed this as a functional workaround - though it shouldn't really be necessary if they would simply provide a firmware update.

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 18:29:29 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterNH

Thanks. Unfortunately that's still not working for me. Perhaps I'm not going through the process correctly, but I have definitely deleted cookies (confirmed by system) and have turned power completely off and on afterwards. Is it worth me trying in another order?
    (5000t; 1TB; latest firmware)

| Wed 23 Jan 2019 19:50:34 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bikerblue

My fvp4000t not working on itv hub.Tried all suggestions Inc reboot and regeristing
    with new account etc,am getting round the problem with firestick for now.

| Thu 31 Jan 2019 15:39:21 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.