My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

humax HDR-1100S lag?

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wrecky_mec

HDR-1100s slowwwwwww! Is it a humax thing? My last one was slow to react and this is only marginally better. The reset did nothing other than remove my planned recordings. Does anyone know if they plan a software update? Press the home button and it takes two seconds to react. Is there anyway of removing the rubbish and downloading better apps?

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:28:58 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

2 seconds? That is actually f a s t! Mine actually when starting up in mornings takes a lot longer to fully load a screen. True it could be quicker, but it works. Depends what you are used to. I know the newer versions of Youview pvrs load more or less instantly. If your Humax took say 10/15 seconds + to load, then I would be concerned, but not 2 seconds.

To answer your other question, the Apps on the demand page can't be removed and as far as I know there is no way of clearing cache, only doing a full factory reset. The last update ironed out few bugs + added a few features. Not sure when Humax are doing another one. Hopefully at some point. John

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 14:51:26 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wrecky_mec

The last update available was 13/08/2018 when it was brand new. It seems to have slowed down much more since the issue with the bbc catch up was resolved. I bought this one as I’d been given an older model when I got rid of sky, and I thought this model would be better, I was disappointed. I don’t understand why these humax boxes are so much worse than the old sky boxes, which have been improved on with sky Q.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 15:02:09 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

I think the main factor is the DRAM memory on the Humax. It is faster than the older Freesat Foxsat boxes, but as more features are added it must put more load on the processor + software. You pay a lot more to have SKY & I can only assume that SKY will replace your box with newer model when it is released as part of contract.

I know it doesn't solve your problem, but if you get a chance try out one of the Youview pvrs, certainly faster interface with brilliant App support & regular software updates nearly each month! All the pvrs seem to have their good & bad points. Link to the forum that I am regularly involved with: https://community.youview.com/youview/ John

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 15:59:45 #24 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

2 secs to re4act to home is not normal. Try putting unit in standby and removing power for say 5 mins so that capacitors drain. The first power-up will auto go into standby as it just sets the clock after power failure.

The Humax power-up is a linux boot to load the operating system. Most Sky units standby is little different from o,n as units which decrypt do not have to comply with 0.5w standby requirements.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 16:28:01 #25 |
  6. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

I've got used to the slow startup now.
    Took a while

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 10:31:20 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jdlfreetime - 1 week ago  » 
    2 seconds? That is actually f a s t! Mine actually when starting up in mornings takes a lot longer to fully load a screen. True it could be quicker, but it works. Depends what you are used to. I know the newer versions of Youview pvrs load more or less instantly. If your Humax took say 10/15 seconds + to load, then I would be concerned, but not 2 seconds.
    To answer your other question, the Apps on the demand page can't be removed and as far as I know there is no way of clearing cache, only doing a full factory reset. The last update ironed out few bugs + added a few features. Not sure when Humax are doing another one. Hopefully at some point. John

That's because they have a sby mode that the box is virtually full on. In full sby using less than 0.5W they are not that fast

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/dtr-t-2110-pwer-consumption-boot-times#post-28725

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 10:37:11 #27 |
  8. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

Oh, dear....
    My 1100s has stopped working?
    I checked the fittings on the back and all seems well.
    I do the usual and source the HDMI input on my LG OLED and I get the HDMI number ( which is 3) shows on the screen. I wait and wait as usual
    But just a complete grey screen appears.
    Would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and might have an answer, please?

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 11:23:53 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

foxleybob - 12 mins ago  » 
    Oh, dear....
    My 1100s has stopped working?
    I checked the fittings on the back and all seems well.
    I do the usual and source the HDMI input on my LG OLED and I get the HDMI number ( which is 3) shows on the screen. I wait and wait as usual
    But just a complete grey screen appears.
    Would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and might have an answer, please?

Good morning Foxleybob,

What have you done to try & resolve issue so far? Have you unplugged unit? It might be a simple fix or more involved depending on age of unit.

If you haven't then here are a few solutions: 1 Do a soft reset: Press power button on top of unit for say 10 seconds & see if this solves problem? 2. Next thing is to unplug box, leave for say 5/10 minutes and replug in & see if this fixes problem. 3. If both of these solutions don't solve issue then go into menu & do a factory reset. Before you do, make sure you keep note of all recording schedules, settings configurations (that you might have set up for your preference) + also have passwords to hand when you reconfigure box after reset for the various Apps. Hopefully given you some ideas. Please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help with fixing problem. John L

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 11:43:49 #29 |
  10. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

Many thanks for your speedy reply.
    TBF I haven't tried "rebooting" yet.
    I kinda panicked as the wife was moaning she couldn't record a film she want's tro see lol
    I will go through your recommendations and get back.
    Thanks again

Bob

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 12:11:47 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.