My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax hdr1010s not responding to remote

(252 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mrs_Heech

Hi All, just joined this forum so that I can comment on this topic. I too am having the same problem. It started Friday, when my 7yr old step son arrived, initially I thought he'd managed to press something on the remote But it appears not!?! I've checked all the settings, done a factory reset but still the only thing that fixes it is to unplug from the mains. Our box is usually connected to the internet but I disconnected it yesterday and did the factory reset without connecting. The one thing I have noticed is that there now seems to be a small clock/timer icon on the front display. I've tried looking at the manual and on line to see what this could mean but no luck yet. Do any of you have this icon too?
    Look forward to hearing if there's a solution as the box is only 3 months old and I'm loathed to lose my stepson's fav films that we've recorded.

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 21:06:40 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

crafty66

Mrs_Heech - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi All, just joined this forum so that I can comment on this topic. I too am having the same problem. It started Friday, when my 7yr old step son arrived, initially I thought he'd managed to press something on the remote But it appears not!?! I've checked all the settings, done a factory reset but still the only thing that fixes it is to unplug from the mains. Our box is usually connected to the internet but I disconnected it yesterday and did the factory reset without connecting. The one thing I have noticed is that there now seems to be a small clock/timer icon on the front display. I've tried looking at the manual and on line to see what this could mean but no luck yet. Do any of you have this icon too?
    Look forward to hearing if there's a solution as the box is only 3 months old and I'm loathed to lose my stepson's fav films that we've recorded.

hello yes I have seen the clock sign too

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 22:32:28 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bracken

Mine has just started doing this in the past few days too. Everything freezes and only when switched off at the wall can you get it to reboot

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 22:46:44 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JCR

Don't want to speak too soon, but for the last 5 hours our box has behaved itself after three days of problems, has anyone else noticed an improvement?

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 23:15:06 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nige

Mine is freezing too. Very annoying

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 23:21:37 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

OAP

Mine hasn't repeated the problem since my earlier posting this evening. OK for about 3 hours now.

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 23:25:00 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

samohTrM

Hi all,
    I have also just joined to say my HDR 1000s is also having the same problems since about Wednesday, Thursday last week. Slightly different for me, remote stops working all together, none of the buttons work, fixed only by turning off at the plug then on again. Box is only 3/4 months old, has been trouble free up untill now, and has only been connected to the internet once when first turned it on. Also I too have the little clock symbol.
    Software version: UKSFAA 2.02.07
    Very strange so many people having the same problems ??!!??

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 23:34:44 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

zute

This morning we thought all was well, it was perfect then late afternoon it froze again. So unplugged it, waited then did restart , chose a station manually with buttons on the box, all was OK , we were able to activate subtext on the remote, but after it froze again . We are not connected via the Internet

| Mon 16 Feb 2015 0:02:23 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

john3650

I also have the little clock.

Perhaps if enough people return them under warranty they might do something.

| Mon 16 Feb 2015 8:28:30 #39 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

john3650 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I also have the little clock.
    Perhaps if enough people return them under warranty they might do something.

Whilst I appreciate how annoying this is for those affected, a replacement would probably not rectify the situation.

My unit left on with no internet connection has not locked up so far, will keep trying.

Have submitted a report to Humax Towers.

Will update you all if I receive any useful info.

| Mon 16 Feb 2015 8:48:00 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.