My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pepster

Just an FYI for those thinking you can side load the Netflix app, you can’t ! Or at least not from my experiece.... I tried yesterday it loads, but then just comes up with an error and quits.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 15:24:24 #113 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, I currently have a 5000T, i am wondering about selling my 5000T to get the Aura but the main thing i would usen the box for is it's freeview.
    I wouldn't probably use apps much as my samsung TV has always been very good and fast anyway with all apps.

The 5000T has always felt extremely slow thats what i am hoping is much better with this box, has anyone found that this new box is really quick? if so is the freeview channel guide also fast or still slow like the 5000T?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 15:31:12 #114 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

pepster - 14 mins ago  » 
    Just an FYI for those thinking you can side load the Netflix app, you can’t ! Or at least not from my experiece.... I tried yesterday it loads, but then just comes up with an error and quits.

The youtube video linked to in an earlier post shows that the tablet version can be sideloaded. Obviously to then use it you will also need to connect a mouse to the Aura.
    Which Netflix app where you trying?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 15:43:00 #115 |
  4. Admin

Admin

administrator

james_uk - 9 mins ago  » 
    The 5000T has always felt extremely slow thats what i am hoping is much better with this box, has anyone found that this new box is really quick? if so is the freeview channel guide also fast or still slow like the 5000T?

No comparison, the Aura is quick....check the YouTube review linked to earlier for an idea of how quick.

B

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 15:43:10 #116 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nzbdilbert

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    TBH that sounds like the way I would want to control it with my Harmony remote without needing to add a Harmony Hub to get Bluetooth functionality. And I definitely would not want voice control.
    Have you submitted your learnt code set to Harmony to add to their database? That would give all the upcoming users a head start.

There is no specific way of "submitting" them - however everything is done on the server so they have my learnt codes against the device name of Humax FPV-4KGTR/GB/2TB. I only needed to enter the power button, the play button and the 1 button for them to recognise the needed codes. The only other task was the input buttons (Live TV, Recordings, Prime Video, Kids, Apps, Top Picks and Freeview Play)

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 16:44:28 #117 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Probably old news by now, but I found this review of the new Humax box on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbmnzM4e2U4

The box does look pretty impressive. I can get round the lack of a full Netflix app. for now -- like many people, Netflix can be found on nearly every device, same deal for iPlayer, but the inability to load the NowTV app. with Boost support is stopping me flexing my plastic at present. Once that's fixed, I'm good to go.

It's odd that Netflix used to be on all of the more recent Humax Freeview/Freesat kit. I wonder why Amazon Video has taken its place?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 17:01:32 #118 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Just had a poke around on the Humax website. Couldn't see any mention of NowTV support, and there are no links to a PDF of the manual. Does such a link exist yet?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 17:12:12 #119 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Can anyone with one of these tell me whether there is a filing system for recordings, such as the ability to create folders and move files?

Shame about iPlayer. I certainly won't buy one until that's fixed!

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 18:19:45 #120 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Clem_Dye - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just had a poke around on the Humax website. Couldn't see any mention of NowTV support, and there are no links to a PDF of the manual. Does such a link exist yet?

If you have NOW TV on a mobile device it should be able to cast to the boxes built in Chromecast.

I haven't found a link to the manual either.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 18:39:59 #121 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pepster

Clem_Dye - 1 hour ago  » 

I reached out to Humax support the other day and got the following reply “ Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm happy to say that the full NowTV application is supported on our device.”

I’m sure chromecast will work, but it’s not the full nowtv application. Strange enough you can’t even chrome cast from the Netflix app to the Aura, Netflix shows my other chrome cast devices, but not the Aura.

I’ve seen the video about side loading, it’s not usable though, having to use a mouse and stick to a resolution of 540p is not really usable for anyone worth their soul

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 19:06:06 #122 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.