My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. Admin

Admin

administrator

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 

No device information on Logitech Harmony.

Does that mean that it does *not* share the same remote control codes as every other box that Humax makes? Or have you not tried that?
    (if it does then that would make it awkward to run alongside my BT Youview box)

Remote is Bluetooth - FAQ

B

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 22:58:13 #103 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Review on YouTube here:YouTube Review

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 23:31:50 #104 |
  3. Fixdit

Fixdit

Yes the remote is blue tooth, but my Fox hdr T2 remote also operates some funtions on the Aura .
    Went on the Humax site but could not find the manual, FAQ or list of codes of the TV's that the Aura could control.
    None of the the BBC's catch up services work at all.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 12:56:45 #105 |
  4. Jthspace

Jthspace

AURA - First Impressions
    Richer Sounds surpassed themselves with excellent phone contact and speedy delivery. However, the AURA box when set up is missing iPlayer functionality - the app is there, it just doesn't work. A search on the internet responds with an apology that iPlayer has stopped working on Humax devices - making this box a bit useless really as a single source “one stop shop” entertainment device. The internet hints that a temporary fix has been made - but it isn't working on my box.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to get the remote recording/viewing app to work. To program the remote you need the on-line manual which isn’t available yet. No luck on sideloading Netflix, I tried official versions of the Android app and get “this does not work ..... etc” on each of them. Anyone know which version works?

I have emailed Humax support and will see what they say . . . .

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 12:58:50 #106 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jthspace - 2 mins ago  » 
    AURA - First Impressions
    Richer Sounds surpassed themselves with excellent phone contact and speedy delivery. However, the AURA box when set up is missing iPlayer functionality - the app is there, it just doesn't work. A search on the internet responds with an apology that iPlayer has stopped working on Humax devices - making this box a bit useless really as a single source “one stop shop” entertainment device. The internet hints that a temporary fix has been made - but it isn't working on my box.
    There doesn’t seem to be any way to get the remote recording/viewing app to work. To program the remote you need the on-line manual which isn’t available yet. No luck on sideloading Netflix, I tried official versions of the Android app and get “this does not work ..... etc” on each of them. Anyone know which version works?
    I have emailed Humax support and will see what they say . . . .

Iplayer did stop working on Freesat+ PVRS and also FVP- units.

It's working again on both. So iplayer not working on the Aura would seem to be unrelated.

Where did you get the remote viewing app from ? Last time I checked playstore for the Humax Aura app it finds nothing ?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 13:04:28 #107 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Fixdit - 8 mins ago  » 
    Yes the remote is blue tooth, but my Fox hdr T2 remote also operates some funtions on the Aura

That would suggest that the Bluetooth is only for the voice control feature and that the primary control is via IR. Or is the Fox remote BT also?

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 13:07:09 #108 |
  7. Jthspace

Jthspace

I got the app from the link on apple store, search “humax live tv” but cant get it to work as it asks to turn on a network setting on the box which (a) i cant find, or (b) doesnt exist!

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 13:52:42 #109 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jthspace - 5 mins ago  » 
    I got the app from the link on apple store, search “humax live tv” but cant get it to work as it asks to turn on a network setting on the box which (a) i cant find, or (b) doesnt exist!

Wrong app. Humax Aura app due sometime this month.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 13:59:17 #110 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nzbdilbert

Have now got my Logitech Harmony controlling the Aura. You will have to set the device up from scratch as it is not in their database. The device can be controlled by both Bluetooth AND IR so if you have paired it it will be running in Bluetooth mode so before teaching the commands unpair by holding OK and i for 5 seconds. Then follow the Harmony setup for adding a new device. You can now fully control the Aura but you will not have voice control as that depends on the microphone in the original remote and Bluetooth.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 14:27:33 #111 |
  10. gomezz

gomezz

special member

TBH that sounds like the way I would want to control it with my Harmony remote without needing to add a Harmony Hub to get Bluetooth functionality. And I definitely would not want voice control.

Have you submitted your learnt code set to Harmony to add to their database? That would give all the upcoming users a head start.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 15:15:42 #112 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.