Model name - FVP-4KGTR
    Software Version - 1.00_14_200926_33c3c38
    Loaders Version - 9
    System ID PTT1.190528.001
    Update Date - Sept 27,2020 03:54:41am

For info I have done the following...

> Updated all my apps in the play store
    > Factory Reset
    > Checked for any android software update.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:30:31 #93 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I don't think many people will be spending £300 with optimism and hope as deciding factors for their purchase.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:42:32 #94 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

SSThing - 4 mins ago  » 
    I don't think many people will be spending £300 with optimism and hope as deciding factors for their purchase.

It's £249 for the 1tb and £279 for the 2tb. I am taking a punt on the 2tb version, but got mine from Amazon for the extended returns period. I am expecting a bumpy ride, but if it does all come together eventually it could be a great device. If it is truly awful, it will be returned.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:48:42 #95 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nzbdilbert

Mine also arrived today from Richer Sounds. Can confirm BBC iPlayer not working (just shows a blank screen), no Netflix (which cannot be downloaded from the Play store), Plex works fine, Tivimate installs and works fine. Not noted any other issues to date. Installation went smoothly. It is quicker than the Android TV on my Sony Bravia. No device information on Logitech Harmony.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:55:08 #96 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Trev - 26 mins ago  » 
    Welcome to the wonderful world of beta testing.

And paying for the privilege!

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:55:59 #97 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

adlington36

Can anyone confirm if the android apps (VLC or MX Player for example) can play content from a NTFS formatted external hard disk. I understand that the Humax players can only read a FAT32 disk.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 19:03:57 #98 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

adlington36 - 42 mins ago  » 
    Can anyone confirm if the android apps (VLC or MX Player for example) can play content from a NTFS formatted external hard disk. I understand that the Humax players can only read a FAT32 disk.

Most newer Humax boxes can use NTFS.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 19:46:44 #99 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Trev - 2 hours ago  » 
    Welcome to the wonderful world of beta testing.

Indeed, I've done plenty of that with IT projects over the years. I will be parallel running the 5000T and AURA for a while as I did when I swapped from the Freesat 1000S to the 5000T. If it doesn't do what is claimed and it can't be fixed in a reasonable timescale then consumer rights kick in.

Humax have a lot resting on this product with no Freesat contract, so it is in their own interest to get it right.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 20:11:08 #100 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

No device information on Logitech Harmony.

Does that mean that it does *not* share the same remote control codes as every other box that Humax makes? Or have you not tried that?

(if it does then that would make it awkward to run alongside my BT Youview box)

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 21:52:42 #101 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

shopps

I’m interested in how some of the google play apps work on the box. I understand that Netflix cannot be installed (but can be sideloaded) I use the BT sport app on a phone and cast to my TV, also I use a relatives Skygo app, my question is, how do these two apps specifically work on the Aura? Are they clunky or do they work well?

Secondly, has anyone had the chance to test how responsive the user interface is? I don’t own a 5000T modelset top box but I understood that the interface is very sluggish. For me this would be a deal breaker.

Thanks.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 22:02:32 #102 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.