My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pepster

Fixdit - 3 hours ago  » 
    Received mine 1 hour ago from RS. Easy to set up, make sure you use a correct spec HDMI lead, and the batteries in the right way round (since when has black been positive !) fairly quick, first big fail
    BBC iplayer does not work. Other players do You tube 4K great. Lots of options in setup.
    Iam going to play now

I received mine today and as a previous user of android TV, the interface is very familiar and speedy, a lot faster than my 2015 Sony Brava TV.

However I currently have the following issues...

> As reported by others BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds does not work, it just goes to a bank screen or a message sometimes comes up with 'The application is not responding' or something like that.

> The NowTV app doesn't work, I checked with Humax support before making a purchase and they assured me that NowTV would be supported. However while I can download the app, once I download I just get 'NowTV is not supported on this device'

> No Netflix, this has been reported elsewhere, I think as others has said... as this is available on other Android TV devices I hope it is activated soon and should be a priority for Humax to make available.

I have raised my issues with Humax support and hope for a resolution.

ps. I performed a full factory reset and tried again, just in case!

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 15:53:37 #83 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

My £16.99 Android box off Ebay works perfectly.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 16:01:41 #84 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

plasticflame

Received mine a few hours ago, easy to set up and everything else is intuitive and fast. iPlayer doesn't yet work as others have reported. BBC programmes are shown on the on demand menu but selecting them brings up an 'application is not available' message.

Britbox, Netflix, Curzon Home Cinema are not available via the app store and the overall selection is limited with a USA/world bias, not a UK bias at all.

Hopefully this changes however there's no problems at all with the Chromecast function so anything is still available if you need it.

One thing left for me to do is to get an optical to coaxial splitter and cables to plug it into the amp as I use a projector. Hdmi is working fine on the TV it's plugged into for the moment

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 16:35:22 #85 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pepster - 59 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 3 hours ago  » 
    Received mine 1 hour ago from RS. Easy to set up, make sure you use a correct spec HDMI lead, and the batteries in the right way round (since when has black been positive !) fairly quick, first big fail
    BBC iplayer does not work. Other players do You tube 4K great. Lots of options in setup.
    Iam going to play now

I received mine today and as a previous user of android TV, the interface is very familiar and speedy, a lot faster than my 2015 Sony Brava TV.
    > As reported by others BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds does not work, it just goes to a bank screen or a message sometimes comes up with 'The application is not responding' or something like that.
    > The NowTV app doesn't work, I checked with Humax support before making a purchase and they assured me that NowTV would be supported. However while I can download the app, once I download I just get 'NowTV is not supported on this device'
    > No Netflix, this has been reported elsewhere, I think as others has said... as this is available on other Android TV devices I hope it is activated soon and should be a priority for Humax to make available.

Now Tv on a mobile device and cast to the built in chromecast should work.

Note Using NOW TV with a mobile device and casting to chromecast counts as two devices.

Can you try this and report back ?

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 16:55:12 #86 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pepster

grahamlthompson - 5 mins ago  » 

pepster - 59 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 3 hours ago  » 
    Iam going to play now

Now Tv on a mobile device and cast to the built in chromecast should work.
    Note Using NOW TV with a mobile device and casting to chromecast counts as two devices.
    Can you try this and report back ?

I imagine it will work as it used to work on my Sony TV prior to the full app launch by NowTV (my SonyTV was to old to download the full NowTV app though).

However, I have just checked my email to Humax support and I did ask them if the Now TV app would be supported, the feedback was that "full NowTV application is supported on our device.", Chromecast is not the 'full NowTV application'

Besides, I have used all my NowTV slots and was hoping to transfer a slot from the NowTV smart stick to my Humax Aura. I'll have to wait until the issue is resolved.

Given that NowTV, BBC iPlayer are both having issues on launch, I'd suggest that more testing would have been needed on this basic of TV apps.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:04:51 #87 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

The Humax Aura apps aren't live in the app stores yet, from what I can see.

Do you think those of you who got your boxes today have maybe got them a day or two in advance of official launch?

I ordered one from Amazon and it is due on Tuesday.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:08:04 #88 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

rambles - 5 mins ago  » 
    Do you think those of you who got your boxes today have maybe got them a day or two in advance of official launch?

They are available for sale and next day delivery direct from Humax, so one would expect all the features to be up and running out of the box.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:14:34 #89 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

SSThing - 2 mins ago  » 

rambles - 5 mins ago  » 

They are available for sale and next day delivery direct from Humax, so one would expect all the features to be up and running out of the box.

I think 'expect' is a little optimistic - being an early adopter of brand new products is never an easy ride!

However, with the Humax app not even available, and iplayer not launching, it does seem that features are not fully live yet, would you say?

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:18:34 #90 |
  9. Admin

Admin

administrator

Could those of you with a unit please post the system info:

Settings

FreeviewPlay Preferences

System Info

Be interesting to compare with what we know to date.

B

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:19:12 #91 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Welcome to the wonderful world of beta testing.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 17:28:42 #92 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.