My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Fixdit - 25 mins ago  » 
    Received mine 1 hour ago from RS. Easy to set up, make sure you use a correct spec HDMI lead, and the batteries in the right way round (since when has black been positive !) fairly quick, first big fail
    BBC iplayer does not work. Other players do You tube 4K great. Lots of options in setup.
    Iam going to play now

Any sign of being able to move recordings into an 'archive' area?

I was surprised to read from the review that it has a fan.... have you heard it, is it noisy?

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 12:57:58 #73 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just read that T3 review, which do they list no netflix at launch as a negative? Surely you would just download it from the play store if you want it, then you have it right away? lol

Depends on what credentials the box has and how it is recognized by Google Play Store. Having access to the "full Play Store" still only means that certain apps are available not all apps.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 13:40:59 #74 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chrisgreaves9 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Before I part with my hard earned cash I want to know if the Aura's picture quality is going to be better than the 5000T. Which was abysmal.

My 5000T has a superb picture when using a HD source on my 55" LG 4K Oled. I do think the HDR-1000S is a tiny bit better.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 13:43:58 #75 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

SSThing - 32 mins ago  » 

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just read that T3 review, which do they list no netflix at launch as a negative? Surely you would just download it from the play store if you want it, then you have it right away? lol

Depends on what credentials the box has and how it is recognized by Google Play Store. Having access to the "full Play Store" still only means that certain apps are available not all apps.

I wonder if there is a list available somewhere as I would be interested to see if Rightmove is available as I used to like using that on my Samsung TV smart hub but then it was not supported anymore.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 14:14:49 #76 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It all depends on how "locked down" the Android OS is on the device. If full access to the settings menu is possible, it will hopefully be possible to sideload apps via USB or from alternative sources such as Aptoide.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 14:26:30 #77 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The blurb did say 5000+ apps so I can't imagine that's overly locked down. As to the T3 review I don't use Netflix (could cast if I wanted off an iPad) and I think the design looks quite premium, it's certainly better than the all gloss black 5000T and other recent Humax offerings.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 14:30:23 #78 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

adlington36

I think my main hope is that the apps TiVimate and MX Player work along with the Plex server and client. I want to be able to connect a 4tb external hard drive accessed by Plex.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 14:40:59 #79 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

davidrew - 20 mins ago  » 
    The blurb did say 5000+ apps so I can't imagine that's overly locked down. As to the T3 review I don't use Netflix (could cast if I wanted off an iPad) and I think the design looks quite premium, it's certainly better than the all gloss black 5000T and other recent Humax offerings.

Considering that there are over 2.7 million apps on the Play Store, 5000 isn't very many. So I would guess it is substantially hobbled.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/276623/number-of-apps-available-in-leading-app-stores/#:~:text=As%20of%20the%20second%20quarter,million%20available%20apps%20for%20iOS.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 14:52:07 #80 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

adlington36

The Play store for android mobile which contains 2.7 million apps is not the same as the play store available on android TV. The android TV play store which is available on the Nvidia shield (which is the premier android TV box) contains around 7000 apps, many of which are games. So if the blurb mentions 5000+ apps, I would imagine the vast majority of the play store is available.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 15:13:47 #81 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

adlington36 - 32 mins ago  » 
    The Play store for android mobile which contains 2.7 million apps is not the same as the play store available on android TV. The android TV play store which is available on the Nvidia shield (which is the premier android TV box) contains around 7000 apps, many of which are games. So if the blurb mentions 5000+ apps, I would imagine the vast majority of the play store is available.

In other words, substantially hobbled.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 15:46:38 #82 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.