My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I almost pulled the trigger on the Manhattan T3-R last week so this is great timing for me.

It will be interesting to see a hands on review and I am hoping there will be the ability to at least move recordings into a "keep' area like the Manhattan allows.

I am also hoping it will bring back more of the usability of the HDR too. It's good to see from the image of the Guide that they have brought back PIP of the current channel whilst viewing the guide, although that could just be a thumbnail of course.

Tempted to just go ahead and pre-order but I need to see I'm not going to buying another slug of a machine like my 4000 is.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 13:04:45 #23 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, i would be interested to know if you can record the same amount of programmes as you can with the 5000T?

And with the android software i'm guessing this should feel quicker too? i never felt like the hardware in the 5000T was quick enough to run the software, its very slow.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 21:50:32 #24 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

The Humax Aura looks like a good replacement for my 5 year old Panasonic Freeview Play PVR and avoids the need for a Chromecast. I have a couple of questions:
    1. The FAQ says that the LED has can be set to 5 levels of brightness. Is one of these off? (I might get a Humax Aura for the bedroom, although more likely the Panasonic will be retired to the bedroom).
    2. The remote uses Bluetooth rather than IR so could the Humax be wall mounted vertically behind a TV (there are numerous mounts on Amazon that allow this to be done with the Sky Q)?
    3. If one has more than one Humax Aura then can recordings on one be played on the others?
    4. Will the forthcoming Humax H7 work with the Aura (as the H3 was supposed to do)?
    Any information would be appreciated.

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:23:28 #25 |
  4. Admin

Admin

administrator

Harters - 22 hours ago  » 
    It's good to see from the image of the Guide that they have brought back PIP of the current channel whilst viewing the guide, although that could just be a thumbnail of course.

Bear with us guys, we will try and get the info you are looking for if we do not already know the answer(s)

It is PIP

B

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:36:24 #26 |
  5. Admin

Admin

administrator

james_uk - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hi, i would be interested to know if you can record the same amount of programmes as you can with the 5000T?
    And with the android software i'm guessing this should feel quicker too? i never felt like the hardware in the 5000T was quick enough to run the software, its very slow.

That would depend on the size of the HDD in 4000/5000T

Options for Aura unit are 1TB and 2TB

B

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:37:32 #27 |
  6. Admin

Admin

administrator

Mars - 14 mins ago  » 
    The Humax Aura looks like a good replacement for my 5 year old Panasonic Freeview Play PVR and avoids the need for a Chromecast. I have a couple of questions:
    1. The FAQ says that the LED has can be set to 5 levels of brightness. Is one of these off? (I might get a Humax Aura for the bedroom, although more likely the Panasonic will be retired to the bedroom).
    2. The remote uses Bluetooth rather than IR so could the Humax be wall mounted vertically behind a TV (there are numerous mounts on Amazon that allow this to be done with the Sky Q)?
    3. If one has more than one Humax Aura then can recordings on one be played on the others?
    4. Will the forthcoming Humax H7 work with the Aura (as the H3 was supposed to do)?
    Any information would be appreciated.

1. Can be off....FAQ has been amended to reflect 6 levels, off being one of them.

2/3/4 Unknown, at this time but we will try and find out.

B

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:39:33 #28 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

"Bear with us guys, we will try and get the info you are looking for if we do not already know the answer(s)
    It is PIP"

That's good to hear, thank you

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 12:21:13 #29 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

Will be having one of these.

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 14:58:12 #30 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Sorry i meant i wonder how many programmes you can record at once?

Admin - 4 hours ago  » 

james_uk - 13 hours ago  » 

That would depend on the size of the HDD in 4000/5000T
    Options for Aura unit are 1TB and 2TB

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 16:35:23 #31 |
  10. Admin

Admin

administrator

As per FAQ i.e. same as 4000/5000T james

B

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 16:44:36 #32 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.