My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

Just had a play about with the app and have to say it's very smooth. I guess taking that extra time to get it working right was worth it

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 10:25:23 #691 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

arndale

TheMole - 42 mins ago  » 
    Just had a play about with the app and have to say it's very smooth. I guess taking that extra time to get it working right was worth it

Does the app allow you control the Aura (similar to a remote control), or is it only for streaming to your phone and changing schedules?

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 11:10:51 #692 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

GCW1 - 1 hour ago  » 

Tommy1976 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for replying, it won’t turn on for me, I’ve got a Sonos sound bar.

I have a Sonos Beam, but I think it may be using the Samsung q70r hdmi, to alter the volume. You may have to programme the remote as well, under Freeview Prefrences

That’s great, I’ve also got a beam, thanks for your help.

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 11:15:53 #693 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AceGrace - 11 hours ago  » 
    how do i download the Aura app. I can't find it in the google store

Click on the new tab. The app is quite a long way down the list.

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 11:42:41 #694 |
  5. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Very happy with the update. Literally got everything I was hoping for. However, I do have a problem with controlling my TV.

So, the power button works on the remote, the AV button shows my AV options but I can’t go left/right or press OK to select a different AV. Most importantly, I cannot control my TV volume sadly.

If anyone could help, I’d repay you in some way? My TV is a Hisense U7A and I’ve been using Codes 551+814. I cannot for the life of me find a code that will be able to extend functionality. Please help?

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 14:19:00 #695 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

Shaunhoare - 3 mins ago  » 
    Very happy with the update. Literally got everything I was hoping for. However, I do have a problem with controlling my TV.
    So, the power button works on the remote, the AV button shows my AV options but I can’t go left/right or press OK to select a different AV. Most importantly, I cannot control my TV volume sadly.
    If anyone could help, I’d repay you in some way? My TV is a Hisense U7A and I’ve been using Codes 551+814. I cannot for the life of me find a code that will be able to extend functionality. Please help?

The AV button should bring up your AV options, and repeated presses of the AV button should cycle through your options. When your option is highlighted, wait a few seconds, and it should be selected. That is how it works on my TV.

To control your TV volume,

FVP > Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Volume Control

Press OK and Red buttons for 3 seconds to change mode. Return to live TV, and your Humax remote should control your TV volume.

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 14:30:30 #696 |
  7. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 7 mins ago  » 

The AV button should bring up your AV options, and repeated presses of the AV button should cycle through your options. When your option is highlighted, wait a few seconds, and it should be selected. That is how it works on my TV.
    Press OK and Red buttons for 3 seconds to change mode. Return to live TV, and your Humax remote should control your TV volume.

When you press AV on my remote it brings up a menu that you have to press left/right to navigate. If you press AV multiple times it will just turn the menu off and on instead of scrolling through it.

I changed the Volume Control settings and when pressing volume up/down it just presses left and right on my tv. Think it’s to do with the codes not being able to get full functionality of my TV..

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 14:40:07 #697 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

brian - 7 mins ago  » 

When you press AV on my remote it brings up a menu that you have to press left/right to navigate. If you press AV multiple times it will just turn the menu off and on instead of scrolling through it.
    I changed the Volume Control settings and when pressing volume up/down it just presses left and right on my tv. Think it’s to do with the codes not being able to get full functionality of my TV..

Another thought regarding the volume, did you update the Humax remote control firmware?

FVP > Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Remote Control Update

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 14:47:55 #698 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Still have firmware 9.09 and the original October 29 application BUT have noticed the Signal Strength screen now shows all three tuners, instead of just one, with an additional warning note at the bottom.

I assume some other component of the Freeview must have updated.

I know how to update the firmware manually but does that also update the application side?

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 14:55:02 #699 |
  10. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 22 mins ago  » 

brian - 7 mins ago  » 

Another thought regarding the volume, did you update the Humax remote control firmware?
    FVP > Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Remote Control Update

Freeview Ay Preference:
    Remote Control V0007

| Fri 22 Jan 2021 15:11:56 #700 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.