My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

iPlayer app

(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Thanks Trev

Was ok last night so I wonder why today is an issue. Box is off now so I will maybe try it again later.

The only thing I did differently this morning was access iPlayer through the EPG. Up until now, I'd always gone through the app, then found the programme. That wouldn't make a difference would it?

Although now, either way results in that loading screen!

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 16:37:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Working fine here, from the home app, the players section and the EPG.
    Again, I suggest deleting the cookies. If that doesn't work (make sure you follow the instructions correctly) then I suspect its your internet... That is to say, the connection between your router and the Humax. Do a full reboot of your router and then reconnect the Humax.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 17:56:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Tried that (cookies, router reboot) factory reboot of the box is next I suppose.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 18:26:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

I don't think it can be my internet as all other internet based apps work on the Humax box. It just seems that iPlayer is acting a bit like My5 does sometimes.

I've done a soft factory reset also which made no difference.

Will just leave it now for a couple of days I think.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 19:28:34 #14 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

SarahN - 7 hours ago  » 
    Was ok last night so I wonder why today is an issue.

Obviously my wild guess idea (faulty memory) was a bit duff then. Nothing particularly unusual about that though.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 0:31:05 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Has this issue with iPlayer ever come up before at all? I have read about the My5 issue so do you think iPlayer could have similar issues?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 0:55:26 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Well yesterday, I had Recycled LAN connection, cleared cookies,rebooted PVR, rebooted router still not working, so out of interest I connected PVR to internet via my mobile phone, Bingo, iPlayer worked, reconnected PVR to my home router (via LAN) and iPlayer worked again all night, tried this morning and it wont connect again Also tried connecting via WiFi too N/G.
    (My PVR powers down at 00.00 until 6.00)
    So, reconnected to mobile and it worked again, reconnected to LAN and it still works, tried power recycling PVR and it still connected so I don't have any more ideas other than something to do with DNS

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 8:16:33 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I think these problems must be network related. I am watching iPlayer as I write this. Please could those who experience iPlayer difficulties post a screen shot of the network status screen so we can see if there is a common thread.
    There is a different issue with iPlayer on HUMAX however which is reported in another thread - watching a live broadcast works OK for a few minutes and then jumps back about 2 hours. This is consistent and does not apply to iPlayer on other platforms (e.g. Firestick). Not an issue for me as we never watch live TV over iPlayer so I've not reported to HUMAX yet.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 9:21:49 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

This is mine with iPlayer working.

Attachments

1. 2020-01-12_08.51.04_(Medium).jpg (143.5 KB, 15 downloads) 4 years old
    | Sun 12 Jan 2020 9:53:37 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

My settings are exactly the same but of course my IP address is slightly different.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 10:17:14 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.