My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

iPlayer app

(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I just tried iPlayer on my 5000T and it worked fine, both from the App startup page and from the historic EPG.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 10:21:52 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think these problems must be network related. I am watching iPlayer as I write this. Please could those who experience iPlayer difficulties post a screen shot of the network status screen so we can see if there is a common thread.
    There is a different issue with iPlayer on HUMAX however which is reported in another thread - watching a live broadcast works OK for a few minutes and then jumps back about 2 hours. This is consistent and does not apply to iPlayer on other platforms (e.g. Firestick). Not an issue for me as we never watch live TV over iPlayer so I've not reported to HUMAX yet.

No point reporting to Humax as they will just tell you it's an iPlayer issue. Report it to the BBC via the iPlayer help page. I have already reported this but the more that do, the more chances of them doing something about it.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 10:27:41 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I just tried iPlayer on my 5000T and it worked fine, both from the App startup page and from the historic EPG.

However - can you watch live iPlayer without the programme jumping back 2 hours? Would be interesting to know

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 11:29:17 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 
    This is mine with iPlayer working.

I'm guessing your ISP is BT with the standard Sagem router - please advise if not correct. This shows that the Router is being used as your local DNS server. I still believe that this can be an issue for the FVP. Please let us know if anything changes. Can you try a setting wired connection manually - with DNS servers set to Open DNS or the ones used by your ISP?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 11:39:04 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

My ISP is BT and I have fiber to the property. Not sure if this makes a difference. To be honest, this technical stuff is beyond me so I really don't know what to do

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 11:45:59 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

GrahamRHK - 33 mins ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 

I'm guessing your ISP is BT with the standard Sagem router - please advise if not correct. This shows that the Router is being used as your local DNS server. I still believe that this can be an issue for the FVP. Please let us know if anything changes. Can you try a setting wired connection manually - with DNS servers set to Open DNS or the ones used by your ISP?

Yes, I have BT hub5 the hub settings are-

TCP / IP Settings
    Broadband network IP address: 109.155.23.126
    Default gateway: 172.16.16.78
    Primary DNS: 81.139.56.100
    Secondary DNS: 81.139.57.100

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 12:13:47 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Jaeger - seems like we both have an issue with being with BT which is a pain. What make is your smart TV?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 12:45:43 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

jaeger - 44 mins ago  » 

GrahamRHK - 33 mins ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, I have BT hub5 the hub settings are-
    TCP / IP Settings
    Broadband network IP address: 109.155.23.126
    Default gateway: 172.16.16.78
    Primary DNS: 81.139.56.100
    Secondary DNS: 81.139.57.100

So you can try setting your wired connection manually - using the settings from your screen shot but change the DNS addresses to the two you have provided here 81.139.56.100 and 81.139.57.100

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 13:01:34 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

That's why I've long since given up relying on these streaming apps using a PVR or smart tv. They just never seem to get the development or updates that dedicated streaming devices do.

Far far better with something like a Chromecast or Amazon Fire stick - these are ultra reliable. I can cast to my TV using a chromecast device from a host of other sources e.g. PC, Mac, Tablet, smartphone.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 13:29:03 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

SarahN - 1 hour ago  » 
    Jaeger - seems like we both have an issue with being with BT which is a pain. What make is your smart TV?

LG 43UK6200

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 14:28:58 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.