(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 

jaeger - 44 mins ago  » 

GrahamRHK - 33 mins ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 
    This is mine with iPlayer working.

I'm guessing your ISP is BT with the standard Sagem router - please advise if not correct. This shows that the Router is being used as your local DNS server. I still believe that this can be an issue for the FVP. Please let us know if anything changes. Can you try a setting wired connection manually - with DNS servers set to Open DNS or the ones used by your ISP?

Yes, I have BT hub5 the hub settings are-
    TCP / IP Settings
    Broadband network IP address: 109.155.23.126
    Default gateway: 172.16.16.78
    Primary DNS: 81.139.56.100
    Secondary DNS: 81.139.57.100

So you can try setting your wired connection manually - using the settings from your screen shot but change the DNS addresses to the two you have provided here 81.139.56.100 and 81.139.57.100

Never had a need to change the DNS as it always worked, and I'm not that keen to fiddle TBH! I have just checked and iPlayer is still working

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 14:34:09 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

To lighten the mood, go to 4:30.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SFCE4RsJHw

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 14:43:04 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

I've just checked my LG TV network and it seems to use the same DNS as the Humax
    or have I done something silly? iPlayer works Ok on the TV

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 18:55:21 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

jaeger and SarahN.
    Can you try something?
    Without changing anything on the Humax, can you disconnect your TV and laptop/pc/tablet/phone from your wifi network? Does your Humax then work correctly with iPlayer?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 19:57:58 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Still no joy. Doesn't want to work on my box at all.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 21:41:34 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

Last night iPlayer wouldn’t load on the Humax but worked fine on everything else - tv, iPad Apple TV etc. To my simple mind that put the Humax at fault.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 21:44:56 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Tyke - must be. There are multiple people now it seems. Makes me feel a bit better that's it's not just me

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 21:47:32 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    jaeger and SarahN.
    Can you try something?
    Without changing anything on the Humax, can you disconnect your TV and laptop/pc/tablet/phone from your wifi network? Does your Humax then work correctly with iPlayer?

I will do when it fails, as I said I disconnected PVR from BT and connected via Virgin mobile (WiFi hot spot) and it worked, it continued to work when I reconnected to my BT LAN (still working now)

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 23:26:45 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

g12she

Has now happened to me too - 6 week old Humax FVP 5000T & today not loading iplayer - loading everything else - Netflix/ITV/Channel 4/UKTVPLay but no iplayer. Earlier today I update the channels on the Humax - but that shouldn’t make a difference should it???? Getting iplayer no prob on ipad & done factory reset & switch on/off,,,,,internet no prob so wtf....any ideas????????

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 0:25:36 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

To summarise and perhaps move forward - there are two issues here 1) general network connectivity and 2) iPlayer not working.
    To address No 1 - it does seem that the HUMAX FVP boxes are sensitive to how the DNS addresses are set. This is particularly apparent with BT ISP (and Plusnet) with their own supplied routers (Sagem). The work around is to use a wired connection (use homeplug powerline adapters if the cabling is awkward) and set the HUMAX to use the correct ISP DNS addresses or use Open DNS servers. That definitely fixed the problem for me many months ago. Or acquire a different router (Draytek works) but that may be a step too far for many. Setting the HUMAX wired connection manually will not affect any other devices on a home network.
    Addressing 2) - it does seem (from other posts in this forum) that the iPlayer app may be back level - I know from unrelated sources that BBC have changed things recently. What perplexes me is that different people have different symptoms which suggests there are perhaps different versions of this app on different FVP devices (perhaps depending on when they were purchased). iPlayer works for me except watching live TV. As I have said in other posts, I don't know the process whereby the apps on FVP get updated or who has the responsibility.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:23:29 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.