My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPlayer issues

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

Hi everyone, last night powered everything down. Repowered up and did a factory reset as described elsewhere on here. Watched last nights episode of place to call home and it was ok. Watched other things and ok but went on to ch4 catchup. Watched 1st episode of Humans fine , including when the lexus adverts came on in the middle but when I moved on to the start of episode 2 the lexus advert started right at the beginning, locked up and the yellow changing broken frames came on. Retstarted and ran to the end with no problems. Later watched a netfix episode of the 3% series. Think it was episode 5.Now this series is abit silly and annoying but tried to stick with it. Kept getting the % clock coming up. Happened right at the start, after exiting and resuming same thing happened several times. Each time getting to 25% and stalling, a problem has occurred with this programme message came up. Eventually ran all the way through.
    Can there be a geographic aspect to server problems. Im near Leek, North Staffs?

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 12:07:45 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

PeterH - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi everyone, last night powered everything down. Repowered up and did a factory reset as described elsewhere on here. Watched last nights episode of place to call home and it was ok. Watched other things and ok but went on to ch4 catchup. Watched 1st episode of Humans fine , including when the lexus adverts came on in the middle but when I moved on to the start of episode 2 the lexus advert started right at the beginning, locked up and the yellow changing broken frames came on. Retstarted and ran to the end with no problems. Later watched a netfix episode of the 3% series. Think it was episode 5.Now this series is abit silly and annoying but tried to stick with it. Kept getting the % clock coming up. Happened right at the start, after exiting and resuming same thing happened several times. Each time getting to 25% and stalling, a problem has occurred with this programme message came up. Eventually ran all the way through.
    Can there be a geographic aspect to server problems. Im near Leek, North Staffs? Will recheck tonight for continuity on place cslled home to check my reboot has worked. Will also restart humans episode 2 and report. Think I have heard about someone else getting this advet triggering fault on this forum ,will search.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 12:17:29 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Never had any problems with Netflix before, but not a big user. I will try CH4 and Netflix for you.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 12:25:01 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Update CH 4 Humans - Ep02. Programme started OK after Lexus ad. Some audio drop outs on what happened before, no problems once episode started. Waited till after next ads, programme resumed OK but again with a few audio dropouts. Settled down after 15 seconds or so.

Going to try Netflix now and will try iplayer afterwards.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 13:05:17 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Netflix no issues with 3% Ep 05. Got to quit now better half want's Bargain Hunt On

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 13:21:26 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Iplayer Dragons Den - Series 14 Episode 14 streamed without issue and in excellent video quality.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 15:44:59 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Never had issue with Netflix, have streamed 6 episodes of a series consecutively on more then one occasion.

As Graham is aware there are frequent reports of issues with C4 player and certain programmes - I believe freesat just pass on reports to C4, so just as easy to do that ourselves.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 16:06:09 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

Hi all, Well watched place called home again tonight and it worked fine. The factory reset must have cured this issue. However decided to recheck the effect by playing episode 2 of humans. It asked me to resume and of course at the end of the programme it happened again on the adds at the end. It got to an ad for aviation world or something and locked into this changing collage affect as per the lexus advert. Wound the program back to the begining. Stopped and reselected it. First adds ran fine third add failed and locked again. So its happening every time on this episode at beginning and end. Bearing in mind the resets and factory reset was done yesterday , with a good outcome , this problem seems something else.Dont know how to describe the effect, Seems to be a collage of 8 by 4 cells with different parts of a picture in each segment. Lots of the segments are green, yellow or pink. Can pause it and move on so far to restart. Have reported the experience to all4 support.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 20:31:26 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I doubt it was the reset. No issues with iplayer today but many yesterday.

As Barry says 4OD is always a bit dodgy. Audio dropouts for me today and a poor picture especially compared to iplayer which is close to HD broadcast quality on a fast download capability.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 21:13:00 #29 |
  10. black knight

black knight

special member

PeterH - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi all, Well watched place called home again tonight and it worked fine. The factory reset must have cured this issue. However decided to recheck the effect by playing episode 2 of humans. It asked me to resume and of course at the end of the programme it happened again on the adds at the end. It got to an ad for aviation world or something and locked into this changing collage affect as per the lexus advert. Wound the program back to the begining. Stopped and reselected it. First adds ran fine third add failed and locked again. So its happening every time on this episode at beginning and end. Bearing in mind the resets and factory reset was done yesterday , with a good outcome , this problem seems something else.Dont know how to describe the effect, Seems to be a collage of 8 by 4 cells with different parts of a picture in each segment. Lots of the segments are green, yellow or pink. Can pause it and move on so far to restart. Have reported the experience to all4 support.

I always have problems with All4. All ok up to the first ad break, then on resuming the programme, the picture breaks up into yellow, green and pink blocks and hangs.
    I've contacted CH4 Customer Services online but haven't even had an acknowledgement let alone a formal reply from them.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 23:04:10 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.