My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

iPlayer on 5000T

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

This evening I thought I would watch the BBC1 6pm news, from BBC South East via iPlayer (my normal transmitter is Crystal Palace so not suitable on DTT).

It was fine for a while. but then suddenly repeated the last few seconds and then changed to something about the Chelsea Flower Show, which was not on BBC1 or BBC2 at the time.

I don't know if it was a problem with iPlayer or the 5000T. Anyone got an idea?

| Mon 23 May 2022 18:56:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

OK, so watched the 1830 BBC SE News on iPlayer catchup via the 5000T, and it was fine, so what was the problem when trying to watch it live?

| Mon 23 May 2022 20:08:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Sorry, this should have been in the 4000T/5000T section:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/forum/fvp-4000t-1
    I have just noticed.

@Barry: Could you move it please

| Mon 23 May 2022 21:08:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ricinus

I had this problem on Sunday night.

I wanted to watch MOTD via iPlayer to see if it was in HD. (My humax is disconnected from the aerial whilst I diagnose an interference problem.

Anyway after 2 mins it switched to Antiques Roadshow. So I tried again and it happened a further 2 times before I gave up and watched in SD.

Each time the bit it switched to was different as if it was running alongside the live broadcast.

| Wed 25 May 2022 0:58:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks. That is slightly reassuring in that it is not just me!!

| Wed 25 May 2022 10:42:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Does anyone have any ideas about this problem which is still happening with my 5000T?

I started BBC1 live on iPlayer at just after 1800 tonight but, as before, after a minute or so, it changed to some unknown BBC programme (about antiques I think).

Edit: Just tried it again just after the start of the SE News and it ran OK for about 5 minutes then, after a period of a repeat followed by buffering, it switched to the episode of Weakest Link from earlier today.

I guess that the previous try switched to The Bidding Room which preceded Weakest Link on BBC1.

Edit2: Interesting observation. I just checked the schedule for 23 May (when I first posted) and Chelsea Flower Show was on at about the same time as Weakest Link was today.

| Thu 15 Dec 2022 19:23:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The Thot Plickens (as some say!).

During the afternoon, to try something, I started up BBC1 SouthEast live on iPlayer again during The Bidding Room, quite expecting it to jump back about 2 hours again, but it didn't.

At 1800, I did the same again as last night and, quite quickly, it was back in The Bidding Room. So I stopped it and, without closing iPlayer, restarted it on BBC1 live. This time it played right through without a glitch, all the way to the end of the SE News.

Are there really only two of us on here, me and Ricinus, who have fallen over this? Does it perhaps only affect iPlayer on BBC SE? (note to self - try changing to another region tomorrow)

Does anybody have any clues as to the cause (and perhaps solution) to this issue?

| Fri 16 Dec 2022 23:20:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I can't find the thread (search function here is terrible) but the 2hr back-skip is very similar to the iPlayer issues when they started tinkering with the green button/play from start function, about 18 months ago.

| Sat 17 Dec 2022 11:00:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

@SSThing Interesting thought. Who knows?

Regarding the region thing I mentioned yesterday, I tried selecting a different region and went for one pretty remote from everything else - Channel Islands (somewhere I used to visit quite regularly as a tourist).

I played the early evening news (at 1715) and very quickly it jumped back to the football. So it would seem that this is not region related.

| Sat 17 Dec 2022 18:53:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 6 hours ago  » 
    I played the early evening news (at 1715) and very quickly it jumped back to the football. So it would seem that this is not region related.

If this is easy to reproduce then it should be reported to the BBC as a complaint.

| Sun 18 Dec 2022 0:57:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.