My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

Same for me on Freesat. Working in morning yesterday then later just get the pink circle and then message something gone wrong

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 13:42:54 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeabanks - 1 min ago  » 
    Same for me on Freesat. Working in morning yesterday then later just get the pink circle and then message something gone wrong

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 13:44:35 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 secs ago  » 

mikeabanks - 1 min ago  » 

Started new threads in the appropriate Freesat threads for the twin and single tuner units. Seems clear it's Humax servers issues.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 13:46:03 #23 |
  4. MrLevity

MrLevity

Same here, since last night my freesat box (1000s) won't play anything from the Iplayer, displaying a 02001 error code. Works fine on other devices in the house which isn't very practical.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 13:48:10 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

Same here on FVP 4000 - one minute working ok, next minute nothing will play on BBC iPlayer - error is "something went wrong with this programme" for everything. Disconnected and reconnected internet; unplugged Humax and rebooted; factory reset the Humax this morning. Same error.

ITV hub and 4 on demand are fine. Noticed a new app called BBC sounds which doesn't work either.

BBC iPlayer fine on my phone and on the laptop.

I've filled in an online form on the BBC iPlayer help site. One of the entries in the iPlayer app settings has yesterdays date (29 Sept 2020) so maybe a BBC update has caused a problem..........?

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 14:06:38 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndaloo

I've got the fvp-5000t I've been watching a series on BBC iplayer for the past few days but yesterday, after watching a couple of the programmes, it would no longer let me watch the rest, nor anything else on iplayer. The on demand for other channels seems to be ok so seems to be specific to BBC iplayer. Anyone got any suggestions for how to resolve this? (BTW I know it's nothing to do with my broadband connection as I can view the programmes on my desktop PC)

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 14:11:16 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Not working for me either (5000T). Can get to the menus OK, but when I try to play something, in my case The Secret of Writing from BBC4, it just hangs with the rotating icon and eventually gives an error message.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 14:16:41 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I see that the BBC iPlayer Help/FAQ page on my laptop includes:

Why are programmes failing to load on my Humax box?

BBC iPlayer | Under investigation

*** Wednesday 30 September ***

We're aware that some people are unable to play programmes through the BBC iPlayer app on their Humax devices. People have reported seeing a 'Something went wrong loading this programme' error message.

We are looking into this and we'll update this page with any further information.

Hopefully that means they may get it sorted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/humax-playback-fault

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 14:40:52 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I see that the BBC iPlayer Help/FAQ page on my laptop includes:

Why are programmes failing to load on my Humax box?

BBC iPlayer | Under investigation

*** Wednesday 30 September ***

We're aware that some people are unable to play programmes through the BBC iPlayer app on their Humax devices. People have reported seeing a 'Something went wrong loading this programme' error message.

We are looking into this and we'll update this page with any further information.

Hopefully that means they may get it sorted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/humax-playback-fault

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 14:43:50 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sphelps

Thanks for that update from the BBC

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 15:47:05 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.