My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

This is interesting. My iPlayer would not work last Friday (having not used it for some time) - hung on the splash screen saying loading. I tried on my Firestick which reported that I needed to re-sign in. Which I did and found that my user name (in the red circle at startup) had changed. All good on the Firestick. On trying the FVP iPlayer again all then working - with the new user name rather than the old one that I had used for years. I have just now tried iPlayer on FVP and all is working OK. For those who have the problem, it might be worth trying another device to see whether the same symptoms present themselves. Or perhaps trying with a new user account. I believe that the BBC is sensitive to ISP address (to limit use overseas) and if that changes (which it will from time to time) then maybe things get confused - but here I am running out of anything more useful to say!!!!!

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 16:18:25 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I should add that when I tried the Firestick last Friday the system went through the rigmarole of having to log in to a browser and enter the code displayed on the TV screen. That sequence, followed by the FVP iPlayer working afterwards suggests that my (changing)ISP address may be the key to the issue.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 16:21:39 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It doesn't seem to be the user name or IP with this, because it works fine right up to the point where you actually start to play a programme. Then you get the spinning pink wheel for a while, followed by the 'Something went wrong loading this programme' error message.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 16:39:39 #33 |
  4. Cake lover

Cake lover

I cannot load programmes on BBC I player and cannot understand as I can get it on tablet etc but not on my TV through Human Freeview box.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 16:55:05 #34 |
  5. Cake lover

Cake lover

I am having same problem it is so frustrating as I can see programmes on tablet but not TV. I have rebooted but still can't watch on TV.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 16:58:54 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cake lover - 11 mins ago  » 
    I cannot load programmes on BBC I player and cannot understand as I can get it on tablet etc but not on my TV through Human Freeview box.

Your tablet connects directly to the iplayer servers. The Humax servers gets it data from the the bbc servers but adds extra info to support extra features like the backwards epg and also the watch from the beginning option on the freesat boxes that your tablet does not have.

The missing link is the Humax servers are not working properly

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 17:10:52 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Happened to me last night on my HDR1100S, 29th Sept at 8pm and still not fixed.
    Launching iPlayer app is hesitant but I am allowed to select programs to watch but then get error message no matter which program I choose. In my case I also have a Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player with iPlayer and this app won't even launch at all.
    Seems that BBC are aware of the iPlayer on Humax issue but I have not seen anything on the Samsung: - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/humax-playback-fault .
    Downdetector shows others suffering too: - https://downdetector.co.uk/status/iplayer/ .

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 18:29:43 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

BTW I should add that I have switched everything off at wall and back on again after 5 minutes. I have also rebooted the router but problem still there.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 18:32:38 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryBatC

I've got the same. ITV, Netflix etc all work fine, and iPlayer is also fine on iPhone and Android phone so it's definitely a BBC/Humax issue.
    Very frustrating, I've been using Humax for 14 years and never seen this.
    Rebooted everything and even left Humax unplugged from power and ethernet all day but it was the same this evening

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 19:26:49 #39 |
  10. Cake lover

Cake lover

So the question is when will this problem be fixed. Consider we are paying a licence and can't catch-up our favourite programmes it's very frustrating.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 20:20:55 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.