My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cake lover - 3 mins ago  » 
    So the question is when will this problem be fixed. Consider we are paying a licence and can't catch-up our favourite programmes it's very frustrating.

No idea based on previous problems perhaps tomorrow, perhaps not. Do you not have other ways of viewing iplayer on your TV. Is it a smart TV, if not consider investing in a chromecast. Do you have a laptop with HDMI out ?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302548679?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+%7C+Shopping+GSC+%7C+Home+%26+Entertainment+Products+Generic*New:+Non-Food:+Home+%26+Entertainment:+Home+%26+Entertainment*PRODUCT_GROUP302548679*&ds_rl=1116322&gclid=CjwKCAjw2dD7BRASEiwAWCtCb8jkKpc-R--ssPI02KUfptxzHa3C5gLVLOz76SLJLDqg7WUO4RbVEhoCkuwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 20:27:13 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JerryBatC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've got the same. ITV, Netflix etc all work fine, and iPlayer is also fine on iPhone and Android phone so it's definitely a BBC/Humax issue.
    Very frustrating, I've been using Humax for 14 years and never seen this.
    Rebooted everything and even left Humax unplugged from power and ethernet all day but it was the same this evening

It's not the first time.

8 months ago

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/iplayer-problem

There are similar incidents before this.

Can't you screen cast to your TV from your phones ?

Give us a list of your devices, chances are you have an alternative device.

Do you have a hdmI out cable for your phones or do you have a laptop with HDMI out.

Consider getting a chromecast and connecting it to your TV if not a smart one.

You can cast iplayer full screen from it running in a chrome window.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302548679?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+%7C+Shopping+GSC+%7C+Home+%26+Entertainment+Products+Generic*New:+Non-Food:+Home+%26+Entertainment:+Home+%26+Entertainment*PRODUCT_GROUP302548679*&ds_rl=1116322&gclid=CjwKCAjw2dD7BRASEiwAWCtCb8jkKpc-R--ssPI02KUfptxzHa3C5gLVLOz76SLJLDqg7WUO4RbVEhoCkuwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The ways to watch iplayer on a Tv are numerous.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 20:32:21 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sma236

Iplayer not working on my humax box but ok on mac... any news yet?

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 23:18:43 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

It doesn't seem to be the user name or IP with this, because it works fine right up to the point where you actually start to play a programme. Then you get the spinning pink wheel for a while, followed by the 'Something went wrong loading this programme' error message.

My apologies folks - my mistake. I didn't go far enough to actually try watching a programme. I have the same error.

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:42:34 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

steveE

Yes I've got the same problem. Error 02001 and iplayer programs won't load. But one other thing , I've also got the same problem on my Samsung smart TV ( model UE46ES6300 ). But can get Iplayer on my laptop using same network, account, password etc.

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:44:47 #45 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Still not working this morning on Freesat and FVP units.

I don't get any error messages. Just trying to play any content says something went wrong.

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:32:41 #46 |
  7. antient

antient

Graham, I think we are all getting the "Something went wrong" message after quite a long time with the "pink spinner". The error code 02001 is in very tiny type at the top right of the message. That error code seems to be connected with VPNs. You mentioned earlier in the thread that you thought this was a problem with Humax's servers. Does the FVP 5000T software use a Humax server (or servers) as a proxy, and if so, why???

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:43:53 #47 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

antient - 55 mins ago  » 
    Graham, I think we are all getting the "Something went wrong" message after quite a long time with the "pink spinner". The error code 02001 is in very tiny type at the top right of the message. That error code seems to be connected with VPNs. You mentioned earlier in the thread that you thought this was a problem with Humax's servers. Does the FVP 5000T software use a Humax server (or servers) as a proxy, and if so, why???

Afaik Humax servers add the extra capabilities associated with the freesat and FVP boxes. They presumably directly get the content from the iplayer servers.

I think this is to add the data required for services, like the backward epg (both platforms), watch from the beginning (not working on FVP units but does work on Freesat units) and viewing recommendations (Top Picks).

If you check your unit you will find no backwards epg for BBC channels but is present on other channels.

None of these are available on the devices that posters say is still working.

This problem has happened several times in the past.

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:46:43 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Although iPlayer is not working, I still have the backward EPG on all channels, including BBC. 5000T.

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:51:15 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A1944 - 38 mins ago  » 
    Although iPlayer is not working, I still have the backward EPG on all channels, including BBC. 5000T.

Same here.(4000t)

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 11:29:41 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.